“just the cake”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Captain Cook, Hawaii
“just the cake”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

it was great. want to go back for the rest. lots of parking, easy to spot, plenty of seating so far til they fill up and real genuine folks in the kitchen and on the floor. kinda funky but kewl

Visited November 2012

San Luis Obispo, California
“Delicious food in a lovely setting”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This little cafe is a great place for lunch. Everything was freshly made and delicious. The salad tasted as if the greens were just picked, and the tamari/lime dressing was light and flavorful.

• Visited January 2013
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious "grinds"”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I learned in my travels to Hawaii that they call food "grinds" I believe it is Pegion? I love any family run restaurant and Diane and Dayrl are really terrific the manager of the Bed and Breakfast that we stayed at (Kealakekua Bay Bed and Breakfast) suggested we try Nasturtium when we requested a dinning experience that was low key but nice, we wanted a healthy fresh dinner. It was so taste that we kept returning I think in the total of a 10 day vacation we ate there 7 times that should tell you how much we enjoyed it.

• Visited November 2012
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great boxed lunches”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went on a fabulous kayaking/snorkeling adventure to the Captain Cook monument with Hawaii Pack & Paddle and they included a boxed lunch with their half day trip. We really enjoyed the incredibly fresh ingredients in the sandwiches from the Nasturtium Cafe. The boxed lunches were perfect to take along on a kayaking adventure or other day trip. We enjoyed the lunches so much that we asked Hawaii Pack & Paddle where they got them from so we could pick up a couple more on our upcoming day trip to the Place of Refuge. We called in the order the next day and Nasturtium Cafe hooked us up with two more fab lunches! Thanks Nasturtium Cafe and Hawaii Pack and Paddle!

Visited October 2012
San Leandro, California
“Sweet little place!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had breakfast at the Nasturtium Cafe yesterday, and was delighted by the menu, the staff, and the food. It's a little place on Hwy 11, south of Keahou, and the menu is amazing. They specialize in fresh whole foods and cater to both vegetarians and vegans! My whole grain pancakes were delicious. I was given exactly the right amount of attention. They were nice about the fact that I lingered over coffee and a book, checking in with me but not intrusive. The unbelievable part was that I was the only person there!

Parking is up and behind the building, a nice thing when you're located on a highway. Check it out, and for goodness' sake, let's keep them in business. This place is a GEM!

Visited September 2012