We enjoyed our two night stay with Art & Orchids. Here are some of the things about the place that made it special:
- The room was spacious, clean and well provisioned. A little balcony and lots of windows made it bright and airy.
- Markie, our hostess was gracious, helpful with information, and a great cook - the scrambled eggs for breakfast were delish - and she's a master gardener!
- The tropical forest setting was a treat - lots of beautiful plants and flowers to photograph, and the jungle sounds in the evening were exotic and unlike anything you'd hear in a regular garden.
- The proximity to a couple of natural wonders - the Kapaho Tide Pools and the Kalapana lava flows - made it an ideal choice to use as a base for exploring what Puna has to offer.
- Art & Orchids is only a few miles from Pahoa village which has an eclectic mix of shops and services and a variety of dining options. We chose to have dinner at Kaleo's, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A haven for artists and those who love tropical gardens. Luxury at an affordable price. Wake to the sound of rainforest birds in our spacious home on the Big Island of Hawaii, 15 miles from Hilo. All rooms with private baths, one with jacuzzi. Decorated with high quality art. Relax in our hot tub. Breakfast includes macadamia nut granola, eggs, ham, local tropical fruit, sweet and whole-grain bread, Hawaiian honey and jam, tea, and local coffee. ... more less