Part of the Outrigger:Kohala Coast Collection, this complex is located near "The Shops" of Mauna Lani and while not on the beach offers access to a private beach club which you can walk or drive to. The condo we had was F22 and it was very well appointed and overall well maintained. The Shops provides convenient, if expensive, access to restaurants and a small grocery. There is also a well kept and good sized pool here - even has a waterfall.
+ the condo is large and roomy with nice and comfortable furnishings. Ours had a King in one room, a queen in another and a trundle bed in the loft for 2 more people. With 2 baths this worked out great for 3 adults and 2 teens.
+ the beach club is great. An excellent little cove with a surf shack to rent pretty much anything you can think of (we did sea kayaks) but also there is a restaurant and good shade for when you need to get out of the sun. The walk here is nice through the historic fish ponds and lava tube paths...or you can drive over if you are pressed for time or just want to spend your energy in the surf instead of walking. Not a great surfing beach...but we are novices and we did not see much for us on all the Big Island.
+ lovely porch and you can open the house up and get great breezes. On New Years Eve we even were able to have great views of fireworks at one of the hotels (Hilton I think).
+ the pool is very nice. While we were there temps were mild and the pool water was cool. There is a Hot Tub however and it was very pleasant.
Negatives (all pretty mild in my opinion)..,
- the master bath has no door to separate the shower area from the master bed room. While very European, this is annoying when someone wants to shower early while another wants to sleep. This item is actually what lost a five star for this place. Really annoying to either shower in the dark or wake your spouse.
- not the greatest layout for some items. The fridge door knocks of anything left on the half wall next to it and sends such items tumbling down the stairs. The washer and dryer are great but the machine is not well placed in the opening so the soap drawer is hard to open and the dryer door barely clears the opening.
- the living room tv is terrible. Grainy picture and terrible sound. Nobody travels to Hawaii for watching TV but for the bit we did watch it would be nice to have something more functional.
Overall, I recommend this place highly if you looking for a great full feature place at a good price. Staying at the beach would be great but at the great price these condos go for this is an excellent alternative.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Palm Villas at Mauna Lani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Villas At Mauna Lani Hotel Waimea