“fantastic view, large unit”
Review of Belle Vue

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimea
Belle Vue
Ranked #3 of 8 Waimea B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 15, 2009

This is a review of their B&B in Captain Cook. They have another B&B in Kamuela. The view is incredible. Even their website does not do it justice. Many miles of coast can be seen. Handy to Place of Refuge and Kealakekua Bay kayaking and dollphins. Rooms are quite large and comfortable. Breakfast is simply very good muffins (you get a supply when you check in), plus cereal, milk, and homegrown fruit and avocados. Small kitchen facilities. Hosts very nice and helpful. Lots of repeat business, for up to 2 months at a time! You will like this place unless you have to have a hot breakfast prepared by the host. Wifi provided.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Belle Vue

Reviewed February 7, 2009

All and all, a major disappointment. Broken cabinets in the kitchen, stale coffee for breakfast, scratched plastic drinkware, hair on the used soap in the bathroom were just the beginning. Polyester blend sheets may be okay in a cheap motel, but a food encrusted spatula isn't acceptable at all. Cheap throw rugs and furniture covers throughout only added to the feeling that you weren't really welcome. A nice view isn't worth the price of admission.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CO_travelin_man
Reviewed January 23, 2009

There are reasons why this place ranks LAST of the B&Bs in Kamuela. I stayed here twice, the first time for two nights. Although it smelled a little moldy and Gayland was standoffish at best, I booked again as I frequently work in Waimea and often need a night's lodging. All 3 nights they knew I would be arriving after midnight. No lights were on and the cement stairs are treacherous in the dark. After slipping and falling, cutting and bruising myself then groping my way down the stairs, I find my unit locked and no key under the mat as arranged. I called Gayland, then Vivienne, then Gayland again and got no answer. I called out Gayland's name, and he appeared on the porch, said "hi" and went back in, leaving me out in the rain. I called his phone again, he finally answered, and I explained the situation, whereupon he started yelling at me for waking him up, and abusing me for being stupid enough to go to the unit I had rented, instead of a different one he had prepared for me, but failed to tell me about. Not only that, they overcharged me by $5 and the breakfast is cornflakes. Not exactly the cozy experience you look for in a BnB. I won't stay here again. Vivienne seems very nice on the phone, but she runs their Kona property (where I haven't stayed). Gayland is cranky and gruff. If you are looking for aloha, stay someplace else.

2  Thank IslandNative_9
Reviewed January 13, 2009

we were referred to belle vue, and we were very pleased with everything. the space was very large, and the view was superb. the host was extremely nice, and even let us checkout very late in the afternoon as we had an evening flight home.

really cannot ask for much more.

thanks!

Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed December 11, 2008

The owners/operators of the Belle Vue B&B, Vivienne and Gayland, are so friendly and accommodating it was like staying with long lost friends. Every effort was made to ensure our stay was comfortable and hassle-free.

The studio and penthouse accommodations, each of which I experienced, offer lovely views, comfortable beds/rooms and peace and quiet, while central to most activities and attractions on the Big Island of Hawaii.

Directions and activity suggestions were offered and accurate. i would highly recommend the Belle Vue to all travellers, and will return myself when business or pleasure takes me back to Hawaii.

Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2008

It is all about location : what a view !
No cars sounds, no traffic, no people passing by but only quality time with the singing of the birds !
After a long day of hiking, snorkeling or driving around you need a descend night to sleep and the Belle Vue can deliver you that.
Will come back !
Mahalo Viviane and Ali
Frieda and Erwin
Belgium

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2008

I stayed in this beautiful B&B for 4 nights with my wife. The view to the big volcanoes and down to the ocean was unbelievable.
The place itself is beautiful, clean. It's a spacious penthouse room with a huge bed and everything you need. Additionally there is a big bathroom and a nice private lanai.
Viviane is really helpful and always open to questions.
Waimea itself is a perfect location as it's a good starting point for trips to the northern half of the island which includes Kona. Additionally it a has a good set of excellent restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimea
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona
Jacaranda Inn
Jacaranda Inn
#4 of 8 in Waimea
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows

Been to Belle Vue? Share your experiences!