“Belle Vue is well Named”
Review of Belle Vue

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimea
Belle Vue
Ranked #3 of 8 Waimea B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2008

A very beautiful and peaceful place with gracious hosts.

We will return.

Stayed: April 2008
There are newer reviews for Belle Vue

Reviewed July 25, 2007

We stayed in both Belle Vue Bed & Breakfasts in their 2 locations on the Big Island. What a great way to taste the diversity of that beautiful island. The location and view were both grand. The rooms were comfortable and spacious and lovely. The restaurant recommended was a delight. Hawaiian cowboy country. Yee-Alo-Haw.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We stayed four wonderful days at the Belle Vue in Waimea. As the name suggests, it had an absolutely incredible view of Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, and the coast below. My husband was attending a meeting at a large resort hotel on the coast. After spending one night there, we felt that we wanted a place with more character and away from the crush of extreme tourism. Waimea is only about 30 minutes from the resort hotels, yet it is a world away. And we found the Belle Vue there. It was absolutely delightful. In addition, the weather was cooler, and the surroundings were peaceful and quiet. Another great thing about the Belle Vue is that it is just two blocks away from Merriman's -- the best place that we dined on the island!

Reviewed May 1, 2007

I found the Belle Vue Waimea B& B through the Big Island.org website at a time when I thought I was going to completely rethink my travel plans because I couldn't find a B&B that had any openings on that side of the island. Viviane was lovely to speak with on the phone and very accomodating; Gayland was very helpful once I reached my destination. The view was absolutely lovely and it was so peaceful to sit on the lanai and relax with their cat - Myra - in the evenings. The studio suite was very spacious and I loved having a kitchen for the time I was there.

I would recommend that if you are someone who likes to sleep late when on holiday that you choose one of their other suites not the studio but for me it was perfect.

AMV - Los Angeles, CA

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2007

This place sits high above Waimea with a nice view of the city from the patio. It is spacious but lacks the amenities of a real bed and breakfast. ie broken hair dryer, bedroom alcove that smells of urine, and "breakfast" consisting of a loaf of wheat bread, a container of corn flakes and a basket of bananas, apple, orange etc. in the refrigerator. I don't know what the definition of a b&b is in Hawaii, but this definitely doesn't fit it any more than the local Best Western's continental breakfast. Otherwise, the place is clean and comfortable, and has wireless internet access.

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Alpinehiker
Reviewed November 2, 2006

We spent 4 nights in August in the Penthouse Suite at Belle Vue at the end of our visit to the Hawaiian Islands and really enjoyed our stay there. The views from the balcony of Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa and Hualalai were just fantastic and unsurpassed during our whole trip. They helped to ensure that our final stay was really memorable. The suite itself was very comfortable, well equipped and well maintained. Breakfast was, perhaps, a little sparse but the supply of delicious homegrown bananas more than made up fro that. Gayland was a friendly and helpful host who pointed out lovely places to visit as well as nearby shops and restaurants; Merriman's, at the bottom of the road was not to be missed but we also enjoyed being able to cook in the apartment. We particularly enjoyed hiking down into the nearby Waipi'o and Pololu vallies, but the highlight was finding an Hawaiian cultural event at Pu'ukohola Heiau down on the Kohala coast.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2006

Besides the good location, I cannot think of a reason to stay here. We stayed in the studio-suite which is basically their basement. I'm sure the rooms upstairs had a nicer view, but since we were basement level, there was no view to speak of. The entire place is covered in linoleum, some sheets older than others. The kitchen hasn't been updated since 1980 and the bathroom is not much better. This place could use a dehumidifier and a good scrubbing. There are cracked tiles in the ktichen and mismatched plates and old utensils in the cabinets. We found cobwebs along the baseboards and even mold growing in one of the pictures hanging on the wall next to the bed! The sheets on the bed were musty and so were the towels. The final straw was the very old, used bar of soap and the previous guests hair treatment (with the label in French and German) that was left by the bathroom sink. I would not return here -- would rather stay at a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
bellvuehi, Owner at Belle Vue, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2008

We will not let this visitor return ever this visitor was not having a bit of ALOHA AT ALL AND I WILL leave it at that!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimea
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona
Jacaranda Inn
Jacaranda Inn
#4 of 8 in Waimea
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows

Been to Belle Vue? Share your experiences!