“Probably the Best Evening of my Trip!”
Review of Kahua Ranch

Private Tour: Big Island Organic Farms & Merriman
Ranked #1 of 46 things to do in Waimea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wednesday Night Evening Dinner Program FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! Steak and Chicken Dinner Buffet with all the fixin's Open Bar with Kona Brewery Beer, red and white wine juice, soda, coffee, tea, hot chocolate & bottled water Delicious Macadamia Nut Pie Meet Piggly Wiggly, our pet pig (Who thinks she is a dog) Line Dancing Demonstration Roping Instructions, Star Gazing Brand a Cedar Shingle with our brand & take it home Pitch Horseshoes or play tetherball S'mores and have a campfire sing-a-long!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Probably the Best Evening of my Trip!”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I was on the Big Island with for vacation the last week of May, and I have to say that the evening I spent at Kahua Ranch was probably the best evening of the whole week. My man and I took the bus up to the ranch (thank goodness we did!) which picked us up from our resort in Kona. The driver was hilarious, and gave us a very entertaining, yet very informative tour of our way up to Waimea. Once there, we were greeted by the beautiful view and warm, friendly handshakes from the ranch owners. We grabbed a few drinks, and enjoyed a warm welcome with a brief history and introduction to the ranch. The buffet-style meal was probably the freshest, most delicious meal I'd had all week! The staff was incredibly friendly and personable - we spent the entire evening chatting with them. Piggly Wiggly was the biggest pig I've ever seen, and definitely loves those Hawaiian rolls! With the live music, line dancing, stargazing, and s'mores, I had one of the best nights of my life. If we had stayed on the island longer, we would definitely have gone again, and I will definitely go back the next time I'm there.
Thank you, Kahua Ranch, for one of the most memorable experiences of my entire trip. See you again real soon!

2 Thank Alanna B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top of the world”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

You would think you were on top of the world at this ranch. We are back 9 years later after we had our wedding reception here. The view is unbelievable, the food is fantastic, entertainment is phenomenal, the hosts are superb, especially Sue. Sue is the most hospitable, warm and gracious host. Can't wait to visit again. Love this place! Peace out - Cardiff

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Doreen W
Oakland, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Very Different Hawaiian Experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

A delicious dinner and evening at the ranch was a totally unique side of Hawaii. The beautiful drive to the ranch is breathtaking. The welcome is delightful. The natural beauty of the ranch would appeal to a couples experience. We were a family, a 8mo., 4years, parents and grandparents. All of us loved the evening. Drinks before dinner, great dinner, live music and dancing, roping, branding, toasted marshmellows and campfire singing. What a great night!

1 Thank Leealyn B
Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“beautiful setting and good company”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

we were greeted by a very enthusiastic family as we arrived at the ranch . we drove up ourselves - which was easy. the views were amazing, and John told us about the workings of the ranch in a very informative and funny way. we were ushered into the dining area for our meal. steak, chicken mash Veges corn and salads. all beer,wine and soft drinks were supplied. there was music, line dancing and activities. it was a nice night out, with good country hospitality.

Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The best thing we did all week!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This ranch has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth!! John and Sue were so friendly and down to earth. They made us feel like part of the family. The food was delicious! We went to Parker Ranch last time and it didn't compare to Kahua. Definitely planning to go back!!