“A MUST do on the Big Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kahua Ranch

Private Tour: Big Island Organic Farms & Merriman
Ranked #1 of 46 things to do in Waimea
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wednesday Night Evening Dinner Program FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! Steak and Chicken Dinner Buffet with all the fixin's Open Bar with Kona Brewery Beer, red and white wine juice, soda, coffee, tea, hot chocolate & bottled water Delicious Macadamia Nut Pie Meet Piggly Wiggly, our pet pig (Who thinks she is a dog) Line Dancing Demonstration Roping Instructions, Star Gazing Brand a Cedar Shingle with our brand & take it home Pitch Horseshoes or play tetherball S'mores and have a campfire sing-a-long!
phoenix
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A MUST do on the Big Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Love Kahua Ranch. Brought my 3 & 7 year olds and my mother. They all loved it. The ride up is comfortable and informative. All the people at the ranch are fabulous and make you feel like OHANA. The food is excellent and my son kept going back for more BBQd chicken and guava bread. The highlight for the boys was feeding piggly wiggly. Wine and Kona Brew was a big hit for my Mom. It's a beautiful location...God's Country...or as they say on the ranch..where God goes to vacation.

Visited November 2013

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“evening at Kahua Ranch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We were picked up at our Condo and had a very interesting talk about the island on the hour drive to the ranch. The dinner and entertainment are available without the transportation but I really wouldn't recommend it. The road to the rand is very narrow, switchback and very dark after dinner. Take the bus, more fun and you don't need to worry about the amount of beer or wine you drink at the ranch. Live music, some very good, other ok. Food was EXCELLENT! served buffet - steak and chicken great, sides really good. Pie for desert was really good. The beer and wine are included and very generous. Always asking to refill. Also soft drinks and water. everyone was really welcoming and friendly. Do this one! food better than the luau and I found this a really fun evening.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank DebandDen
Willis, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sunset Dinner at the Ranch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Our driver Sam picked us up at our hotel and gave us a wonderfull History lesson of the Island and how Cattle played a part in it during our ride to the Ranch. He answered all our questions flawlessly! The activities at the Ranch were wonderfull. They pamper you as you wait for all the guests to arrive with drink and stories. You can explore the ranch as you wait as well... Dinner of Chicken or Steak or both!! Garlic mashed potatoes, beans, salad, desert and Hawaiian bread.. The dinner show was so much fun. The crowd sang Happy Birthday to me in Hawaiian....I loved it... What a special night. I came home with my K branded board, viewed the full moon and Venus through the telescope, Saw Maui from the Ranch, enjoyed guests i'd never met and would recommend this fun night to everyone!!!

3 Thank Pamela S
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“There is more to Hawaii than a Luau.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I had a great evening at the ranch. There was live music, dancing, singing, campfires and Smores! The dinner was a buffet of steak, chicken, homemade mashed potatoes, salad , beans and corn. Homemade Macadamia nut pie was yummy. Unlimited red and white wine, draft beer and non alcoholic beverages. Spectacular views and you
could almost touch the sky.
Learning to lasoo was fun and brand a piece of wood
which was a token souviner of
your
visit. We even met the pet pig that came around to greet everyone.
It was a fun evening to be shared by all. I liked seeing a piece of the island that was real and not staged for tourists. Our guide,Sue Foat was very sweet and knowlegeable. We recommend this excursion to all. We did not want to leave and anything longer in time might have been overkill. Final words.....There is more to Hawaii than a Luau!

1 Thank srj3newjersey
Middletown, New Jersey, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Evening at Kahua Ranch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This excursion is one that we will always remember fondly. We were treated like family on the ranch and welcomed by the ranch owner. The views were spectacular and it felt like you could reach up and touch the sky. The dinner consisted ofchicken, steak, salad, mashed potatoes, corn and beans. Followed by macadamia nut pie and coffee . There was live music , singing by our tour guide, Sue Foat ;dancing, Lasso lessions and branding demonstration on a piece of wood that became your souvenir. The evening ended with more singing around a camfire and homemade Smores. My husband Ron and I would like to send special thanks to the ranch owner for allowing us the opportunity to learn about his ranch and to see that there is more to Hawaii than a Luau.

1 Thank Sally R