“Great Lunch Options”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 4, 2011

While on vacation we stopped here one day for lunch, it is just a small restaurant in a shopping plaza, so I wasn't thinking this would be the best meal ever...but it was such a delicious lunch. I had a personal pizza, it was hand tossed and wood fired delicious. My husband had a turkey panini sandwich which was also tasty. I would recommend this place as one of the best places around for lunch. However, dinner was a different story, I had the stuffed shells al forno (I am italian so very picky) They were very dry and had way to much sausage in them they needed more cheese and the sauce was chunky and not very flavorful, my husband had chicken rigatoni which was just ok....stick with the lunch at this place and you will be pleased.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

While fine dining is somewhat limited in he Waimea, Solimene's provided a very good meal at a fair price. The small salad that comes with the entree (add price) is fresh and good ~ the bowl is too small. Have had the Spagettii and Chicken, both great. Glass of wine a bit overpriced. Staff is friendly and accommodating.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

While staying at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, we made several trips to Kamuela/Waimea for shopping. One day we had lunch at Solimene's. The food tasted great, the proportions were very adequate, and the prices very reasonable for Hawaii. When we go back to the Big Island again, we will try to get back to Solimene's to eat.

1  Thank PlPlJns
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The thin-crust spinach-artichoke, margherita and pepperoni pizzas are too good for a strip-mall restaurant.

2  Thank criticaltravelwriter
Reviewed August 2, 2011

The food, service and value are some of the best around. I added a picture of the salad I ordered for lunch. It tasted even better than it looked.

4  Thank NMcGonigle