“da best”

Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Waimea
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 24, 2012

so much food, good people. just make sure you can eat plenty if you are going to order the pan-cakes.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This place is popular even at quiet times, and I can see why - the food comes in huge portions, very nice selection and all freshly cooked to order. Best of all are the prices, they are rock bottom!

A great place to stop off for breakfast if heading to the north of the island, but don't expect to get a seat right away as we frequently had to wait for a seat; Speaking of seats, the bar-style seating arrangement is really great and unusual.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a difficult time finding this place, so look for street signs reading 'Kawaihae Rd.' rather than the highway. Day one we were stopping for lunch and we both ordered the Hawaiian Plate, which comes with lau-lau (delicious), kalua pork (a huge serving...I love kalua pork but couldn't even finish my portion), long rice chicken, rice, and macaroni salad. Definitely should have just ordered one and then gotten something else with it to avoid the $3.95 'share-a-meal' charge. Although I understand some of negative's reviews of unhealthy food, we didn't stop for health reasons, but to try local food. Since the place was packed (kalua pork is only available on Fridays, and that's when we happened to be there) with locals, I guess we were in the right place!
We were staying in Waikoloa, so it was a little out of our way to return for breakfast, but we did...had to try the banana mac nut pancakes...absolutely delicious, even with no syrup. Tried the coconut syrup on them, and that was fantastic. Again, should have ordered 1 plate and shared, but I never heard of not being able to eat 2 pancakes in one sitting. We both took 1/2 our pancakes back to the hotel and had them for breakfast the next a.m. After eating at several places in Kona that serve the same type of food, we rated the atmosphere as 'above average'...we prefer quirky and bustling and old of the Hawaiian Style Cafe to the sterile decor (actually lack of decor) of the other places we ate.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Several people (including locals) told us to eat here on our trip over to Waipi'o Valley. We were not sorry! Great food and huge portions! My friend and I split an omelet, which came with hashbrowns and pancakes...they have a split plate charge but will waive for any add (my friend added hashbrowns). We left food on the table! Really a great experience! Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My side of bacon was over 10 strips and perfectly crunchy!!! Cafe style. Aloha spirit in the service (YES, a hug was included.)
Campy interior.
The potion sizes are off the chain!! I ordered the eggs and bacon along with a "side" of the Hawaiian sweet bread french toast. Two breakfasts for the price of one.
The Passion fruit iced tea was incredible.My dining companion ordered the spinach bacon and tomato omelet . It was packed with veggies and bacon.
Most wonderful!
YES, should be on TRIPLE D!!
CASH ONLY, NO CREDIT CARDS