“Strange experience, far too expensive”
Review of Saffron Organic Cuisine - CLOSED

Saffron Organic Cuisine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Organic cuisine, has replaced Daniel Thiebaut's resteraunt
Ghent
“Strange experience, far too expensive”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stopped there since this place seemed to be the only one still serving food at that hour. (9 PM or so).

The place : I ate in an empty room, looking through a window without glass into another room where drunk men were dancing with drunk women to the same tango tune, which was repeated over and over again. Truly weird atmosphere, believe me...

The food : 32 $ for inferior fish which was boiled far too dry, with a very heavy sauce tasting like it came out of a sacket. That's not what you could call a bargain.

This is the only place ever where I couldn't make myself to give a tip. They had ripped me off enough I suppose...

4 Thank GhentErwinfromghent

Waimea, Hawaii
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Beautiful setting, with friendly service. The meal was excellent and my wife loved the hand made pasta. There was a live band which set a pleasant atmosphere for a wonderful meal. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family enjoyed our dinner at Saffron. I ordered the ribeye dinner which was excellent and my family loved the fish and pasta. The building was beautiful and very festive for the holiday season. The owner greeted us and made us feel welcome. The live music was great as well.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
“My Favorite on the Big Island!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This restaurant was beautiful to start with. It is in such a cool and charming little building. I guess it used to be an Inn, back in the day, and had been made into a restaurant. The setting was also very nice. It's in Waimea which is a cool little town.
I went inside and they had a guy playing the ukulele, which in of itself was cool, but I found out they have live music every night. Typically I have gone to Merrimans so this was a new experience for me. Not only was the food and service comparable but the price was much more family friendly. I plan on going back.

• Visited December 2012
“Great food, music, and ambience!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Local love the food, great help and bar help! Love music and foot al almost every night. Owner/host is always present with a big smile, and a heartfelt welcome.