“Wonderful dining experience”

Dining options: Reservations
Description: Organic cuisine, has replaced Daniel Thiebaut's resteraunt
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My family enjoyed our dinner at Saffron. I ordered the ribeye dinner which was excellent and my family loved the fish and pasta. The building was beautiful and very festive for the holiday season. The owner greeted us and made us feel welcome. The live music was great as well.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
“My Favorite on the Big Island!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This restaurant was beautiful to start with. It is in such a cool and charming little building. I guess it used to be an Inn, back in the day, and had been made into a restaurant. The setting was also very nice. It's in Waimea which is a cool little town.
I went inside and they had a guy playing the ukulele, which in of itself was cool, but I found out they have live music every night. Typically I have gone to Merrimans so this was a new experience for me. Not only was the food and service comparable but the price was much more family friendly. I plan on going back.

• Visited December 2012
“Great food, music, and ambience!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Local love the food, great help and bar help! Love music and foot al almost every night. Owner/host is always present with a big smile, and a heartfelt welcome.

San Francisco, California
“Great Find”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I really enjoyed this restaurant. I travel a lot through work and for vacations and consider myself a foodie. The setting is beautiful and the food is delicious. The staff was friendly and the live music was great. We stopped by twice during our visit and will go back again. I highly recommend Saffron.

• Visited November 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent food, but the restaurant may be struggling”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Four of us stopped in for dinner on the Monday before Thanksgiving - a biiig week in Hawaii. Saffron was NOT busy, not a good sign. Our service was good. They were out of a few things - some wines, some ingredients. They ran out of bread. Eventually our appetizers arrived. The calamari was crispy and properly cooked. The crab bisque had good flavor but should have been warmer. Then the real wait began. The kitchen simply couldn't get all the food out for a table of 6 adults and 3 kids - it came to them in 5 waves - and ours was after that. Our server apologized and comped us a round of drinks. It was more than an hour from when we ordered to when our food arrived. Now the entrees themselves were just excellent. I had the eggplant napoleon and it was sooo much more than a "token" vegetarian dish. The balance of flavors and textures could not have been better! The mahi mahi special was equally special, though the garlic mash seemed thin. We dared not order dessert, not knowing how long that might take. So, great food but given their other problems, I'd be surprised if Saffron is around too long.

• Visited November 2012