“Stop in for sure sample the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Island Brewhaus

Big Island Brewhaus
Ranked #5 of 71 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Stop in for sure sample the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had tried many beers and everyone was amazing. Even the types of beer that do not usually agree with me were delicious. Truly a place for family and a great overall environment. We will be bringing our friends. Ps. mahalo for making our visit memorable and setting us up stocked for the road! We lava the Brewhaus!!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great local beers with island flavor!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

They do brew fantastic beers. The food is just good, not great, I have tried 5 or 6 different meals & there is always lots of cabbage involved. Skip the jalapeño burger, it is a Mexican restaurant after all. Something else I love, is hot is actually really spicy! Okole Maluna!

• Visited August 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Have a craft beer while your clothes dry.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Travelers, the only laundromat in the area is across the street from this independent micro brewery, so have a craft beer while your clothes are drying. Dump your clothes at the Waimea Washeteria and step across the street for a great craft beer. I did not eat but the menu was very enticing focusing on Mexican entries.... when I get my fill of island food, I will definitely stop in here.

• Visited October 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“The ipa is delicious.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I saw lots of reviews about the service being slow, and it was not the most efficient but it was good. I have had ipa in many micro breweries on the mainland and this one is very comparable. Holy hopimus I think the name was. The food was also very good. Big portions and everything was flavorful. Would definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Poor service spoils the great beer!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

While this micro brewery has some of the finest brew in the islands, it is 'almost' all for not by the poor service each visit (10+ visits in last 12 months). Typical visit goes like this: enter and walk up to have mason jars filled with beer, wait 5 min at the counter before someone says are you being helped. Ask for the masons to be filled, almost 15 min later as I am watching my beer sit there, nothing is done, I ask to top them off and another girl pull a different tap and tops off my Pau Hana...WTF! It was sitting under the tap it originated from...finally at about the 20 min mark I am pissed I finally push the polite envelope and say, can I get my dam beer please...
One of the all time poor service events was watching a waitress deliver food to a table and witness another waitress bogart/steal a fry or 3 off the platter (DIP IT IN THE SAUCE) and eat it as it was leaving the kitchen....unreal.
We love the beer, but this place needs a training session in customer service.

• Visited August 2013