“Great Burgers, Rigid "service"”
Review of Village Burger

Village Burger
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
washington state
“Great Burgers, Rigid "service"”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

If you have a wad of cash and an inkling for a burger, stop in this place. They grind their meats daily including a ahi burger that is terrific.

For the price you are served in disposable paper goods and the burgers are drippy. I asked for a tall water and was told they only poured them in the short cups but I would come back as many times as I wanted, when there were taller cups right next to the short ones. It left a bad taste in my mouth. Sure I want to get up several times during my meal to fill the three gulp water glass. Apparently they wanted to sell me a pricey bottled water instead.

Their burgers are quality but wow the price and the service? It seems a little steep. You can run up a bill in a hurry if you don't order carefully!

• Visited December 2012

Arlington, Virginia
“Good place for lunch in Waimea”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stopped Village Burger after a trip up to Hawi and the northern parts of the island. The service was both quick and friendly. The burger was fantatic, as were the fries. An excellent place for lunch in Waimea.

• Visited December 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Yummy!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stopped in Waimea after a trip up Mauna Kea. It is a little tough to find as the sign is not easily visible from the parking lot of the Parker Shopping Centre. The burger was cooked to order. A great start and it continued to be good eating. Taro burger was the other meal. it was flavourful as well. And the treat was the parmasen fries. Also good. Find it and you will be rewarded.

Visited December 2012
Parker, Colorado
“Good burger and fries”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stopped here to satisfy a burger craving and after seeing that it was recommended. Its in a strip mall, with four counter seats inside and a few tables outside. If all are full, you can move to the indoor food court for a table.

The menu on the wall is a little confusing, as it starts by describing the "Village Burger," which is basically the overall description for all the burgers. We ordered the Village Burger and the woman at the counter told us that there is no Village Burger, it's just a description for all their burgers. While we were there, I heard many others place the same order, and the woman had to explain this to them as well. Obviously, we were all first-timers, but if this continues to cause confusion, perhaps make the menu more clear.

My husband and I each had a Rancher's Beef burger with cheddar and shared an order of fries. It took a while for us to get our order, but that may be because we ordered our burgers medium to medium well. We should have opted for medium, as the burgers were a little too done. Nevertheless, they were good, with a nice beef taste and not greasy at all. The fries were tasty as well. We could have branched out a bit and order additional toppings for our burgers, or some of the more gourmet fry options or dipping sauces, but we just wanted a basic burger and fries.

The place stayed pretty busy, primarily with tourists rather than locals. I recommend a stop here if you're in the mood for a hand-crafted burger and fresh-cut fries.

• Visited November 2012
“Burger Joint That Can't Get a Burger Right = Problem”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had the misfortune to stop in Village Burger for an unevenly undercooked burger. Huge disapointment, if a burger joint can't cook a burger to order, what other purpose in life do they serve. I will say that my girlfriend had a ahi burger that see did enjoy. Mine beef burger was undercooked unevenly and tasteless. So I would not go back and cannot recomment Village Burger. If you only do one thing, you need to do it well, every time. Don't waste your time or your money.

• Visited November 2012