“Decent Burgers, Not Exceptional”
Review of Village Burger

Village Burger
Ranked #4 of 70 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I read that these were very good burgers and had to try one. I was not overwhelmed. The taste was good, but not exceptional. It was strange to see a bun bigger than the burger. I was disappointed with the fries. They were greasy, and a good portion of them were just scraps. Five Guys is a much better experience.

There are newer reviews for Village Burger

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Notice the black spots mooving across the hills of Waimea? That's the soon to be tasty burger! Made to order burgers with fixings, locally produced herbs were in the fresh iced tea.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stopped at Village Burger on a Saturday while visiting Waimea. We split a basic Hawaii Rancher's Beef burger with just the standard toppings and a side of fries with parmesan goop. I typically like ordering a fairly basic burger with lettuce & tomato but without cheese, bacon, etc (unless it's part of the signature burger). Their menu is limited but focused which was fine by me.

The service was great. Friendly counter person patiently explained the menu to me and took our order. Was impressed that they ask how done you'd like your burger. The food did take a bit to come out but it's obviously made to order and they give you a standard restaurant coaster pager to buzz you when your order is ready so you don't have to wait at the counter.

The burger was very good. The patty was thick and was very tasty. My only critique about the burger is that I thought there was a little bit too much bun to burger ratio and not enough condiment which made the burger overall a bit drier than I would have liked. Flavours were good though.
Similarly with the fries, the parmesan goop gave them a nice flavour. However, I would have liked the fries to be a bit thicker.

Found the price of my burger & fries to be a bit pricey as it was over $10 but it was a very good burger patty and things are generally pricier on the Island.

As others have mentioned, the restaurant is located in the Parker Ranch Center mall. It's a nice restaurant but they only have limited counter type seating inside along the window and a few tables just outside, both with a view to the parking lot. Alternatively, you can sit in the mall's food fair tables. Lots of parking in the mall's parking lot.

Overall, I found the burger and fries decent/good but definitely not the best I've ever had. I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here but if if you're in the neighbourhood, it's probably worth giving it a try.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Try it once it won't be your last. A great burger with great service to match. Not visible from the road so you have to look for it. But worth the search. Not particularly Hawaiian...you would not know you were in HI. You actually might think you are in Jackson Hole. Just a really wonderful place to eat.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This little restaurant at the Parker ranch shopping center has some of the best burgers in waimea town. And their service is excellent.