“Thank you”
Review of Monstera

Monstera
Reserve with OpenTable
Monstera is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 71 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kaniku Drive
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We had a lovely dinner tonight. Our waiter, Cyrus, was wonderful from the start and made us feel comfortable and welcome. He was very knowledgable about the menu and made our evening very special. Thank you, Cyrus.

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here last night. We had a reservation and were sated immediately. Our server had great recommendations. We followed his advice to select a few things and plan to share them. We tried the yaki udon and it was fantastic, great flavor, good portion size to share. One of the specials, 3-way poke, was a great way to sample three versions of this typical Hawaiian dish. The spicy hamachi roll was super as well, very fresh tasting fish, sushi rice cooked perfectly. It was our first dinner in Hawaii, we may need to go back as there were many things on the menu we would like to try!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was so good we ate here twice during our week long stay. The Sugar Snap Peas were excellent so was the hamachi kama. I loved that they served everything family style. Our server was very pleasant and accommodating.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

If you like noodles or sushi, you absolutely must go to Monstera. We visited O'ahu and the Big Island and dinner here was by far the best food we consumed on vacation! Superb service, the food is outstanding. We tried poke, sushi, and noodles and every dish went above and beyond expectations. The only negative is dessert is mediocre, so feel free to fill up on appetizers and entrees!

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Being a person who loves Japanese food I was skeptical about this place but boy was I wrong! This place is the best restaurant I tried here on the island hands down! The food is delicious! Portion size a bit on the smaller side but that was good for me as I could try more options! This place is busy so I would make reservations. I see locals here too so I think that's a good sign! My favourite was the yaki udon - very tasty and total comfort food. I think it must be the best yaki udon I ever had. Sushi was creative and good as well. Miso soup was pricey and I paid way less for the same quality elsewhere so that's the only thing I probably wouldn't recommend.