“Big Island's Best Restaurant!”
Review of Red Water Cafe

Red Water Cafe
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Waimea
Cuisines: Sushi, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A multi-cultural blend of dishes, using the best ingredients this beautiful island has to offer.The Red Water Cafe was created to offer opportunities for residents and visitors on the Island of Hawaii to enjoy dining and catering of the finest cuisine. Whether it is our dining, catering or personal chef services, we are dedicated to pleasing our customers with creative multi-cultural dishes including Hawaii regional, Asian inspired and other cuisines.
La Quinta, California
“Big Island's Best Restaurant!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

For starters I had a large tasty salad while my companion had a flavorful coconut bisque. We selected two of the special entries. Mine was a wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented lightly seared Ono. One of the best fish dishes I have ever enjoyed. My mate had Osso Bucco. Two large pieces each about an 1.5 inches thick in a tangy sauce on a bed of perfectly cooked spinach. Excellent taste and texture.

Dessert was a shared Mac nut cream brulee. It was smooth with a sweet nutty flavor and perfect crispy top.

We had a great meal from start to finish and the service was excellent.

• Visited September 2012

Ocean View, Hawaii
“Try the Ono, excellent!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our server was GREAT. I had the ONO and it was excellent and the wasabi mash potatoes "yumm", husband had the spicy shrimp fried rice, which was quite large and we had plenty of leftover for the next day for both of us and was just as good.

Visited September 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“What an awesome evening!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went to Red Water Cafe because friends of my son's were playing music that night. What an amazing evening it was with excellent music - jazz, oldies, just the right volume sung and played by vibrant young people. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our food, even our chef friend Diane. My Lemongrass calamari ceasar salad was superb and Bill's steak was one of the best he has ever had, and that says alot. We highly recommend this chef owned restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank HappyTraveler33364
Oahu, Hawaii
“Exceptional Food & Service”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife and I were referred by friends and our experience was exceptional. From the moment we entered we were greeted with a warm aloha. Our waiter was friendly and personable. The sushi from the sushi chef was to die for, the fish was so fresh and prepared perfectly. For dinner I ordered the T-bone steak w/ mashed potatoes and the food taste was spectacular particularly knowing how homegrown and healthy the food was.
The price was reasonable for value of service provided. The establishment was clean and had a great romantic ambience.

• Visited September 2012
Crazzzzs
“Red Water Cafe, Waimea HI is worth adding to you list to eat at!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Tired of the Macaroni Grills and chain restaurants of the mainland? We were staying at Hilton Waikoloa. Red Water was recommended by a local. It was dark when we arrived in early August 2012, but it was different from the chains...an intimate sushi bar to the left and the dining room to the right with a bar that clearly the locals came to meet after a long day. I first looked at the menu and was a bit skeptical. Probably just tired. My husband and I order appetizers and drinks to start. The steak my son ordered, he said was one of the best he has ever had. My daughter order a fried rice dish that she thoroughly enjoyed. Everything was reasonably priced and nicely presented. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. We were very thrilled at the end of dinner that we made the trip from Waikoloa. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

• Visited August 2012