“Nice morning ride with spectacular views.”
Review of Parker Ranch

Parker Ranch
Book In Advance
$115.00*
Hawaii Grand Circle Island Tour
$176.04*
and up
Big Island in One Day: Volcanoes, Waterfalls, Sightseeing, and History Small...
$95.50*
Big Island Grand Circle Island Tour
Ranked #11 of 49 things to do in Waimea
More attraction details
Owner description: The Parker Ranch Family Estate (also known as the Historic Homes & Gardens) was home to the Parker family from 1879 to 1992. From these homes the Parker's ran a cattle empire that survives to this day and at its height spanned half of the Big Island. Open Monday through Friday, from 8:00am until 4:00pm for free self-guided tours which includes a 20 minute video on the history of the Ranch.
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Follow the signs for cowboys of hawaii. They're there you just have to look for them. We rode on three gentle horses. Our guide Tootsie was very helpful, friendly and informative. She explained that we didn't have to ride nose to tail but that the horses kind of did it on their own. We got to a few places where we were allowed to try our trotting. We rode for about an hour and 45. We had great weather. The lush hills with mountains in the background are not your typical Hawaiian sights but really beautiful.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We did the horseback riding here through Cowboys of Hawaii. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The horses were easy to handle for our children (aged 8 and 11). They also offered weather protective clothing, which was very helpful because it rained during the ride.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I vacationed in Kona this year and we drove the whole island stopping to see as many attractions as we could. Volcanoes, rain forest, Hilo, Black Sand beach... The most heart touching sight was the Parker Ranch (Marine Corps Memorial), also known as Camp Tarawa. Parker Ranch was the training grounds for the 2nd and 5th Marines along with a Corpsman detachment who trained for the invasion of Iwo Jima, Suribachi, Saipan... 55,000 young marines and sailors, many who never returned home called Parker Ranch home. As a former Marine this was a "must see!" My children saw this memorial and knew what it meant to me. After leaving my family at the pool, I returned to the ranch and met with the ranch foreman, who not only told me stories of the camp, but he allowed me to tour the facility and photograph the "off limit" areas. The foreman was retired Navy, who understood what it meant for me to see this sacred Marine Camp. To this day they are finding relics still buried on the ranch belonging to those serviceman who did not return. It was heart touching and brought tears to my eyes. To stand on this sacred ground where american heros stood was incredible to say the least. I could only imagine thousands of tents and Marines marching where I was standing. Everyone needs to stop and allow your children to see such a sacred historical place. Every Marine needs to stop by Camp Tarawa and see this peice of history. Semper Fi!

6  Thank idahobluechild
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Nothing to dislike. Very friendly wrangler staff. the ride was in the open no nose to tail riding here. Beautiful scenery. A must do!!! They have a Farmers Market next door with yummy goodies.

3  Thank 2Beasts
Reviewed May 12, 2012

If you like gentle rolling hills, cows and horses then this is for you. Ididn't like the narrow road, but then almost all roads in Hawaii are this way.

1  Thank mccoycr1