“Fun Day on the Golf Course”

Darrin Gee's Spirit of Golf Academy
Ranked #17 of 19 Outdoor Activities in Waimea
More attraction details
Owner description: Top rated by GOLF Magazine (2008) and Frommer's (2008). For those interested in improving their golf game with an emphasis on the mental approach, Darrin Gee's Spirit of Golf Academy has a signature 2 1/2-hour clinic that helps golfers gain focus and relax under pressure, among other skills. For golfers of all abilities including pure beginners to PGA Tour professionals. Other benefits include discounted golf rounds at partner golf courses. Two Big Island locations.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Four of us with varying levels of golf experience and ability took the "Spirit of Golf" seminar together. It was a positive experience for all of us as we learned to enjoy the game more and fret less! Our instructor was a great encourager and I believe that all of us will carry the lessons learned into the next golf season- when the snow melts!

1  Thank Jean H

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great training applying practical distinctions to create a whole new approach to the game of golf. I strongly recommend this for anyone looking to knock strokes off your game and have a reliable way of doing so round after round.

1  Thank pesteffe
Reviewed June 16, 2012

As a brand new golfer, I did not know what to expect from my first lesson, but knew that the "Spirit of Golf Academy" came highly recommended. My lesson turned out to be one of the best learning experiences I have ever had. I learned all of the technical aspects I was looking for, but more importantly, how to bypass all of the mental frustration that kept me from taking up golf before. I considered my experience a life-coaching event, and look forward to the next lesson. Before the clinic, I thought it was expensive. Afterwards, I consider it one of the best values I have ever gotten for my money. Awesome opportunity on the Big Island!

1  Thank Nicole G
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I agree with MBcolorado, this academy is not about the mechanics of golf. It's about the mental game. I think golf is more mental then people think it is. You will always have a poor shot, it's overcoming that shot and going on to the next one. Well, after the lesson I shot an 87. Two days before the lesson I shot a 97. My drives were going straight. I parred all 4 par 3's (which I never done in my life) and I was enjoying the game again. I learned a lot from this golf lesson. BTW - we had only 3 people in our class.

2  Thank Firemango007
See more reviews
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Signed up for "Spirit Of Golf" clinic at Big Island Country Club. I really didn't get what I expected for the $$Pricey Golf Clinic. Wow!....We spent 1-1/2 hours on just putting. It did help me alitte on that aspect of my golf game. But I expected a lot more for this Semi-Private golf lesson.(We had a group of 5)
After the putting marathon. We went to the driving range. Yeah, we really wanted to unload and hit some golf balls. We each had 20-25 range balls to hit> We barely got warmed up. We started hitting a 8 iron for the first 10. Then the last 10 golf balls. The instructor let us pick out our club that we wanted to hit.That was only a 1/2half an hour at the driving range. The instructor barely had enough time to watch each and everyone of us. The 20-25 range balls went super fast. I was hoping to have someone critique my golf swing? Over priced Golf Clinic for what you got. Beautiful golf course though!
Waikola Village Golf Club had a Better deal > 1hour lesson/rental clubs>Golf Cart and a round of golf for $$$ less. Women's lessons were only $25.00....Now figure

1  Thank BeLocal