“Perfect Studio in Beautiful B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waimea
Waimea Gardens Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 8 Waimea B&B and Inns
Raleigh, NC
“Perfect Studio in Beautiful B&B”
Reviewed November 18, 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this beautiful B&B. Our room was very nicely decorated with gorgeous woodwork and was private but also bright and airy. Hosts Barbara and Charlie were very welcoming, generous with advice about where to eat nearby, and flexible when we requested a late check out time. We loved it and would love to go back someday.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marianne K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pearl City, HI
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Let me start by saying I am from the State of Hawaii and have stayed at the resorts along the Kona Coast before--but needed to stay in Waimea this time due to a wedding nearby and it's great location. The Waimea Gardens was a nice break from the pricey resorts, with tons of people. It was a beautiful quiet place to stay in a garden setting with a stream in the back. Barbara was very nice and the room (I stayed in the Garden Studio) was very clean. Parking was conveinent and free, and you can't beat the beautiful setting.

A few things that I wanted to mention about the rooms---first, the bathrooms have huge glass doors next to the shower--with no curtain. So you can see outside while bathing. The lanai is set up so that you still have privacy and no one can see you, but I thought it was a little weird that there was no option to close the shade if you wanted to.

Second, I wouldn't stay here if you are expecting a good breakfast. The fridge was stocked with granola, corn flakes, four slices of raisin bread, some sliced pineapple, 2 percent milk and orange juice. People mentioned the fresh eggs, but I never got any. Also, my orange juice carton was open, so I didn't drink it. I dont' know if it was oan oversight on the owners part or if this was normal. Nonetheless the location is close to town so you can easily to one of two supermarkets less than 5 minutes away to get what you need, or eat at one of the nearby resturaunts or Starbucks. And for what you pay for the room, and atmosphere of peace and quiet--it's still a great value and I would stay here again.

Third, my cousin was in the Kohala cottage during the same time. They had a memory foam bed, which was not the most comfortable for them as they weren't used to it. If you don't like that kind of bed, don't book that cottage unless a full kitchen is really important to you. The garden studio had a king bed, which was really two twin beds put together with a king sized sheets it was still comfortable, but you could tell it was two separate beds. It was a more normal type bed (not memory foam).

Overall, I'd stay here again. I wish they had bigger rooms so that I could bring my whole family!

Tip: If you stay in Waimea--it's much cooler than the resort areas, as it is at an elevation of 2500 feet--so bring a light jacket for the evenings. Waimea is also a small town, with local resturaunts, and markets, so you get to experience some of the local flair of the islands here vice staying at a resort.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank PearlCItyMama
Sidney, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We enjoyed Barbara and Charlie's hospitality for 3 nights in early August in their garden studio. It is beautifully finished and spotlessly clean, and served perfectly as our oasis for the northern portion of our Big Island vacation. We loved our self serve breakfasts (Barbara would stock the fridge with fresh fruit, granola, bread, eggs, milk and juice). The king bed was super comfortable. The most beautiful swimming beach (at the Mauna Kea Beach Resort) is only a 15 minute drive away. This is a lovely place to stay for both couples and families (the cottages provide more sleeping space), and we would love to bring our family here next time we're on the Big Island.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamesStelck
kamuela
Reviewed July 31, 2010

Each time I reached for anything it was exactly where I needed it to be........I just had the most incredible experience of selling my Big Island home and needing a substitute for a few weeks.....Waimea Gardens Cottages far surpassed my greatest expectations. The setting, the hospitality and the accommodations couldn't have been better. For the traveler, who wants a great big island base for exploration, this location is ideal. You will feel at home immediately with the sounds of the stream, the family of pheasants, your Big Island breakfast with fresh eggs and the Big Island's two best hosts, Barbara and Charlie Campbell....I promise you will not want to leave......

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank dodiemac
Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We will remember Waimea Gardens for the warm and gracious hospitality of our hostess and host, Barbara and Charlie Campbell, the serene beauty of their lawns and gardens (complete with stream and waterfall), and the quiet comfort of the Studio. We greatly appreciated Barbara's attention to every small detail. We had a wonderful bed, beautiful linens, fresh eggs from the resident chickens, delightful fresh pineapple, papaya, bananas, and homemade jam. The room was immaculate and came with a small kitchen and an excellent selection of books, dvds and cds. We found happiness in every special, magical moment, and we hope to return soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank eskinzer
Longueuil
Reviewed March 3, 2010

A simple equation describing our stay at the Waimea Gardens Cottage Bed and Breakfast. Barbara and Charlie created one of the nicest B&B we had the opportunity to stay at. Our cottage was very nicely decorated, the bathroom is suberb (very large and well designed) and the kitchen is equipped with everything needed to cook a good meal and enjoy it in a nice atmosphere. We also had the opportunity to rest on a brand new and very comfortable memory foam mattress recently acquired by Barbara! The B&B is located Kamelua (Waimea) , a nice little town with nice boutiques and good restaurants.
We will definitely be back! - Roger & Lyne (Longueuil, Qc, Canada)

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RBosse
Washington
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We stayed in the Waimea Cottage in August and really enjoyed ourselves! Waimea Gardens is in a great location. It's a close drive to all the beautiful beaches, and the town of Waimea is nearby with yummy restaurants and fun stores - especially Waimea Coffee Shop (I highly recommend it!). The cottage was very very clean and comfortable. At night we opened up the windows for breezes and enjoyed having our drinks out on the porch watching the stars. Barbara and Charlie are FANTASTIC hosts. Friendly, full of great information about the island and so helpful. My husband lost the face of his watch on their grounds and they were kind enough to mail it to us when we got back from our trip.
If you want a comfortable, quiet place that is different from the big resorts and the tourist traps, this is the location for you!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sbrown19
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waimea
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Jacaranda Inn
Jacaranda Inn
#4 of 8 in Waimea
Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows

Been to Waimea Gardens Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!