“You have to meet Mr. Ed”
Review of Mr. Ed's Bakery

Mr. Ed's Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Honomu
Cuisines: American, Hawaiian
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The shave ice was very good and big enough to share. I recommend the shortbread macadamia nut cookies and coconut brownie. But the best thing about this bakery is Mr. Ed. He is a kind, generous soul. He showed us the trees around his property where he collects the fruit for his jams and jellies. He let us try some tropical fruit we had never heard and got my husband hooked on passion fruit. He sent us on our way with a bag full of collected fruit and avocados just picked on the spot. Our visit with Mr. Ed was certainly one highlight of our trip to the big island. We really felt the aloha spirit there. To think we almost didn't stop !

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The owner Dean (Mr Ed) and his wife, June and their staff are all wonderful people. Sitting in there feels like being a part of a small town in the good old days. They have great variety of homemade cookies (for the sweet tooth), ridiculously extensive choices of jams, surprisingly good icecream (tried coconut and magnitude, both yummy), cooling shave ice with my favourite laichee syrup and all reasonably priced. They turn the Bakery into a church on Sunday 7:30am for an hour or so, which is cool! Definitely a great stopover before Akaka fall.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stopped here after a trip to Akaka Falls and we were impressed! They had many awesome goodies to choose from. My daughter loved the huge rootbeer-flavoured shave ice she had and my husband enjoyed his giant cinnamon bun. I was torn between the Kona coffee flavoured ice cream and the cinnamon bun, but the bun won out. It was big enough to be a snack and breakfast the next day ( in theory anyways : ) !)

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stopped in because the place is famous for its jams and flavored butters. You can taste as many as you like and they'll ship them back to the mainland if you'd like. The real standout though was the lilikoi shortbread cookies. The were moist and just the right combination of sweet and tart. I could eat them every day for the rest of my life.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I've stopped at Mr. Ed's Bakery several times and all their baked items are great: cinnamon swirl bread, monkey bread, cookies. They have an amazing selection of jams...got to try those next.

1  Thank Konakine