I’ve never posted a hotel review before but my wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Palms Cliff House so much that I decided I had to put it in writing.
This was our fourth trip to Hawaii and our second to the Big Island . We’ve done most of the typical tourist things and we just wanted someplace where we could put up our feet and relax. The Palms Cliff House was was exactly what we were looking for. We’d stayed on the Kona side the previous week and this was such a nice contrast. It's located close enough to Hilo that we enjoyed some nice dinners downtown and we visited the botanical gardens aagain (we’ve been there before). But mostly, we enjoyed just sitting on the balcony or in our hot tub doing pretty much “nothing”. The breakfasts were excellent and Michele and John made us both feel so welcome, we felt more like friends coming to visit than hotel guests.
After our stay at the Palms Cliff House, we went back to the Kona side and stayed two nights at the Fairmont Orchid since we were flying out Kona. I thought the Fairmont would be a nice place to end our stay and, as hotels go, the Fairmont is ok. But we really missed the Cliff House and wished we’d stayed there instead. For us, it was exactly what we wanted to get away from it all and we can’t wait to go back again. Next time, however, I’ll be staying as many nights as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3.5 acre private estate offers sweeping ocean views perched ocean side atop a 100 foot cliff. Delicious full breakfasts are included in the regular room rates. Honored in Song and depicted in hula, this inn specializes in catering to couples seeking a quiet and romantic get away that embodies the feeling of the Old Hawaii we all dream about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms Cliff House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Cliff House Hotel Honomu
- The Palms Cliff Hotel
- Palms Cliff Hotel
- The Palms Cliff House Inn Hawaii/Honomu