We stayed at the Palm cliff house inn, Hilo for two nights earlier in August. We have travelled all over the world and have seen great boutique hotels/B&Bs, resorts and 5 star hotels.
This must qualify to be one of our worst experiences in terms of both comfort and service. While Michelle, the hostess seemed very friendly and is an excellent cook, John made us feel as unwelcome as possible.
We arrived at around 9 pm and had to pick up our keys from a mailbox. We were told about that beforehand so no issues there but the welcome note in the room was a series of "don'ts". The next morning we were greeted by John and the first thing he mentioned is that we need to pay the remaining amount. When we asked a simple question regarding the weather at Volcano national park, John couldn't even be bothered to look at the weather forecast. He just mentioned that it was likely to be raining there as it was raining in Hilo (this turned out to be contrary to what several experts told us later about micro climates in the area !)A request for a packed tomato-cheese sandwich was met with the most bizzare excuse that they were not licensed to do that. When we told them that we were leaving at 6.30 am the next morning, his only comment was "so I'll cross you off the breakfast list for tomorrow".
For $250 per night, this B&B offers neither the facilities nor the service one would expect.
We travelled for almost 3 weeks in Hawaii across the different islands and in every other place we were treated warmly and felt the "aloha". This was one place where we did not.
Would stay away from the Palm Cliff house inn!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 3.5 acre private estate offers sweeping ocean views perched ocean side atop a 100 foot cliff. Delicious full breakfasts are included in the regular room rates. Honored in Song and depicted in hula, this inn specializes in catering to couples seeking a quiet and romantic get away that embodies the feeling of the Old Hawaii we all dream about. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your The Palms Cliff House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Cliff House Hotel Honomu
- The Palms Cliff Hotel
- Palms Cliff Hotel
- The Palms Cliff House Inn Hawaii/Honomu