“Highlight of our vacation!”

Skyline Eco Adventures - Akaka Falls
Hilo Shore Excursion: Hamakua Coast Zipline over KoleKole Falls
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Honomu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skyline Eco-Adventures was voted the #1 Zipline Company in Hawaii 2017 by Hawaii Magazine's Best of the Best Readers Choice Award and Skyline Akaka Falls was voted the #1 Zipline tour in the Hawaiian Islands. Skyline Eco Adventures near Akaka Falls is the best Zipline Tour on Hawaii Island. Cascading nearly 250 ft. privately owned KoleKole Falls is one of the World's most spectacular waterfalls. KoleKole Falls passes under your feet as you glide effortlessly 500ft high through the air. An adventure which is unmatched in Hawaii, with ziplines that pass above jaw dropping scenery along unrivaled spans - Skyline Eco Adventure sets a new standard for family adventure along the Big Island's famed Hamakua Coast. Our ziplines start off small and gradually increase in length and height, allowing zippers to prepare for line #7 which reaches a length of over 3,000 ft! Number of Ziplines: 7 ziplines. Tour length: 2-2 1/2 hours. Location: Honomu, Big Island (Near Akaka Falls State Park)
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highlight of our vacation!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was by far my most exhilarating experience during our 10 day stay in Hawaii ( which included lava tours, cliff jumping, snorkeling, whale watching). The zip lines themselves are spectacular. I was very nervous to begin, but Skyline does a great job by starting off on a couple smaller lines to get used to the lines. The best part of the experience was the guides!! It started off when Giggles(very fitting nickname) told me it was his first time as he was fastening me into my harness!! Blake and our other guide (I'm so sorry but can't remember his name) were fantasic. They were funny and even educational, stopping on our tour to let us have fresh bananas and berries. They assured our group that they would do all of the work and it was our job to have fun. They eased us into being able to turn side to side to get the best view of the waterfalls(several). By line 4, I was doing 360s!! Great fun, great views, great guides!! Only regret was I didn't rent the camera, but I will save that for next time.

Visited May 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Don't miss this one”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Have zip-lined a lot; so I'm probably a tough critic Of the 7 crossings on this adventure 3 are absolutely fabulous. The other 4 are for learning and confidence building...a practical necessity. Our guides were the best...professional, safety conscious, knowledgeable and personable. As for the 7th line.....so glad I didn't miss it. Go experience it for yourself; you won't be disappointed.

2 Thank Dayna C
ParkCity0001, Manager at Skyline Eco Adventures - Akaka Falls, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We are so glad you were able to join us and compare ziplining with your experience. Having done many ziplines we were glad we could add to your experience. Sailing 400 feet above a river and 250 foot waterfall is an experience everyone should try at least once. Our guides professionalism is unmatched as you found out. Thanks for joining us.
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing waterfall adventure!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was a great first timer experience! I've never been on a ziplining adventure until I got to the BIg Island. I figured why not? The tour is a small group and the guides were awesome. They were really nice and told us about the area and the crops that were growing in the area. The tour started off with smaller lines so everyone could get used to the equipment. The last two lines were amazing. I'm so glad I decided to do this tour. I would highly recommend this adventure. The tour includes water and bug spray.

Red Lodge, Montana, United States
“Amazing Adventure”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I joined another couple on a trip to Hawaii last week. We had a ton of fun but the Zip-Line tour was one of our favorite things we did! It was a beautiful day and the weather was in our favor. Our tour guides Gabe and Dave were so much fun. They were very knowledgable and safety conscious. They made sure we felt comfortable with what we were doing before we started on the bigger lines. My friend is afraid of heights and although she didn't run and jump off the platforms, she really did enjoy herself and never felt scared. This company has some amazing property for their lines, but in my opinion the guides made the trip what it was. We will be recommending this to everyone we know! Thanks for the adventure!

West Hollywood, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Zip-lining in Hawaii - JUST DO IT :)”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Absolutely 150%, completely, utterly, positively THE people to zip line with; Fun, professional, safety-dedicated and go utterly out of their way to make sure it's an absolute blast!
Ziplines 1-5 prep one fabulously for the sheer awe and amazement of #6 and #7!
'Afraid of heights'????? Immerse yourself - this'll 'CURE" you! :)

Visited March 2013
What can we say. Glad you loved it and tell your friends.