“Fabulous! Great views and fun!”

Skyline Eco Adventures - Akaka Falls
Hilo Shore Excursion: Hamakua Coast Zipline over KoleKole Falls
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Honomu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Skyline Eco-Adventures was voted the #1 Zipline Company in Hawaii 2017 by Hawaii Magazine's Best of the Best Readers Choice Award and Skyline Akaka Falls was voted the #1 Zipline tour in the Hawaiian Islands. Skyline Eco Adventures near Akaka Falls is the best Zipline Tour on Hawaii Island. Cascading nearly 250 ft. privately owned KoleKole Falls is one of the World's most spectacular waterfalls. KoleKole Falls passes under your feet as you glide effortlessly 500ft high through the air. An adventure which is unmatched in Hawaii, with ziplines that pass above jaw dropping scenery along unrivaled spans - Skyline Eco Adventure sets a new standard for family adventure along the Big Island's famed Hamakua Coast. Our ziplines start off small and gradually increase in length and height, allowing zippers to prepare for line #7 which reaches a length of over 3,000 ft! Number of Ziplines: 7 ziplines. Tour length: 2-2 1/2 hours. Location: Honomu, Big Island (Near Akaka Falls State Park)
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went with a group of five adults and we had an amazing time. The views are spectacular - I believe the 7th zip is 2/3 of a mile and is about 200 feet above a waterfall gorge. I was very impressed by the knowledgeable, mature staff (it has been my experience that these types of ventures are often staffed by very young people with little to no tenure who are there to party). We will definitely do this again in the future and have already recommended this company to friends.

1  Thank Tracy H
ParkCitygirlParkCity, Manager at Skyline Eco Adventures - Akaka Falls, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

We are so glad that you had a great time with us. We love to share our small piece of Hawaii with all of you. Although the zipline is amazing, our guides make the day for everyone. Thanks again.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We got lucky and my fiancee and I were the only two on our tour. Great combination of education about local foods, and then - of course - the zip lining. Great and friendly tour guides. We have Damien and Mahi. The last zip line is over 3,300 feet long. Damien took our camera and shot a perfect video of the zip line over Akaka Falls. I'm not really sure what the reviewer is talking about that says it isn't Akaka Falls - it clearly is. Hard to mistake > 400 foot waterfalls for one another. Would definitely do it again and have recommended this outfit to many friends and family.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We have never zip-lined before and were anxious to try it. I am not great at heights, but the gradual increase in height and length of each zip got you used to it, comfortable and more confidence. The last two were great fun and the one over the falls was absolutely breathtaking. Even though you are probably 300 feet in the air and going 50 miles an hour backwards the minute I got off I wanted to do it again. The guides were very safety conscious, entertaining and informative. Definitely recommend this and would do it all over again. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Eco adventures does a great job preparing you for an exciting experience. Damien and Mahi really made it fun.

Don't forgot your camera! The views from the zip lines are incredible.

Before we arrived, I was very nervous to go zip lining but by the last run I was so comfortable that it made the waterfall line spectacular. Thank you for a great day.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was pretty excited to try out zip lining in Hawaii so I wanted to go with the best zip lining operators in Hawaii. While the experience was undoubtedly a fun one, the last two zips were the only highlight. Our guide Mahi was fun and we felt very safe at all times. They start out on very basic lines before the final two so its great for first timers for all ages. Many people believe the final zip to be over Akaka Falls, however those falls are NOT Akaka Falls! The Akaka Falls are very close to the Skyline Adventure zip lines but the main drop is not visible on the Skyline tour. We were also in quite a large group so it took time to get everyone across one by one. Another member in the group claimed he had recently tried the Skyline tour in Maui and preferred this one on the Big Island. All in all a fun experience, but not as exhilarating as I would have liked. Make sure you take your point-and-shoot camera, they will provide a free water bottle for the tour which makes a nice souvenir once your back home.

ParkCitygirlParkCity, Manager at Skyline Eco Adventures - Akaka Falls, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of our zipline tour. To begin with, you are correct that we do not zip over Akaka Falls (that falls is in the state park) but our own private 250 ft waterfall called KoleKole Falls. Our name uses Akaka Falls to designate where we are located on the island. You are correct that we built our course from simple to extreme. Most people would not do the extreme without having gained some comfort level that they could do it safely. We do this by building each line to give the customer confidence to do the most exciting zipline in the US. Thanks for joining us and for your comments.