“Waipio Wayside B+B”
Review of Waipio Wayside B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Honokaa
Waipio Wayside B&B
Ranked #1 of 4 Honokaa B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Our stay at the Waipio Wayside B+B was wonderful. We felt instantly welcomed. How could we not be when upon our arrival we found a candle burning in our room and cookies on our pillows. Thanks to Jacqueline who was not only a gracious host but also a great help in organizing our days on Big Island we saw amazing things.
The Waipio Wayside B+B is all you imagine a B+B to be.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've read the other reviews and yes, it is not the MOST romantic location because of the older style house. It is not SOUND proof even if my room was on the front w. connecting bath. I never heard people in their rooms, but you could hear footsteps from other parts of the house sometimes.

My hostess was VERY nice. She was there from daylight till dark for me. She answered all my goofy questions plus checked the webcam on the mountain for viewing nights, etc. Jacquiline and her 4 footed friend, Sweetie, made my stay near Waipio the highlight of my trip.

Thank you, Jacki & Sweets.

Room Tip: Anything except the Moon Room if you are traveling with children. I love the frogs at night! I love...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We initially planned to stay at the Waipio for only three nites, but got caught up in flight delays on our return due to Hurricane Sandy and were welcomed to stay another two nites. During this stay we developed a strong relationship with the owner who obviously enjoys her business of hosting diverse visitors. The breakfast treats were excellent and always different from day to day. We were given good recommendations for evening meals and sites to visit. Due to our unexpected extension of our stay we were moved to a second room and found it to be as well furnished and unique as the first. The facility was very clean and had a wonderful view of the ocean from a deck extension and gazebo. This turned out to be our favorite stay on the Big Island and was a wonderful cap to our honeymoon. Phil

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The owner is one of the most pleasant Bed and Breakfast innkeepers we have ever encountered. Our stay was quite relaxing and made even more enjoyable by the delicious organic breakfast she served. The guava was particularly exceptional. On the decks, you can rest completely carefree in the gigantic hammock while viewing the ocean and the geckos playing chase. A tabby belonging to the owner (or is it the other way around) is more than willing to keep you company while you are relaxing as well. Whatever activities you have planned, be sure to discuss them with Jackie as she can provide you with a number of suggestions that you might not have ever considered. Whether she is recommending hiking activities or a restaurant for a particular craving; trust her judgement and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: You might want to ask about the earplugs that are available before night as the coqui frogs can be q...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend, the furnishings, food, setting and her back porch were all high quality. If you're from the country or just love the outdoors, you'll enjoy the frogs calling to each other all night. If I was up in this area of the Big Island again - I'd return here without giving it a second thought - but than I'm just a country boy at heart!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This B&B is very nicely located, however the rude and unfriendly hostess comes as a shock in such a pleasant environment! The room (Moon Room) that we stayed in was smallish, but comfortable. We dint see any problems with the bathrooms or cleanliness either. But the walls separating the rooms are more like thin partitions and there is absolutely no privacy! In the next room from ours was a couple that, unfortunately, came from the same part of the world as we do, and we could distinctly hear and understand everything that they said and vice-versa! So a romantic getaway at this place would not be a good idea!
The hostess’ rude behaviour actually showed when we met for breakfast the next morning. She had set the counter for breakfast, and as we walked in she told us that the breakfast was limited and that we could bring out any of our food-items to add to the breakfast. Considering that hers is a bed-and-BREAKFAST and that we had paid quite dearly for it, I did not expect to supplement the breakfast with some of our own. Yet, I will clarify that there was enough for us who were the first to join the breakfast table.
When my wife asked for the bathroom after breakfast she pointed it out behind a wall from where we sitting. After she returned, I started going to the bathroom and saw that there were 2 bathrooms clearly marked as MEN and WOMEN. When I walked towards the one marked as MEN, she barked from behind “Where do you think you are going?” and I said to the bathroom. “It’s there” she said pointing to the women’s bathroom. I said I was walking to the men’s, and she said “I have only one… use that one!” again pointing to the women’s bathroom. I was shocked to say the least!
I will still credit her with providing us some valuable information of local fruits and how they were eaten.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BABSBINI
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed one night at this B&B and had a wonderful stay. The building and gardens are lovely and the rooms are great. We got great hints from the host regarding where to go, what to see and where to stay next. The breakfast was lovely and the room was clean, fresh and had a lo0vely atmosphere (and there was great water pressure for the shower!). Also, the location of the B&B is great- about 4 miles from the shops and ~3 miles from Waipio Valley, which is a must see. Great Stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eveelieeen v
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honokaa
Honoka'a Club
#1 of 1 in Honokaa
Lilikoi Inn
Lilikoi Inn
#1 of 6 in Holualoa

Been to Waipio Wayside B&B? Share your experiences!