“An Inspirational Home and Hostess”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Waipio Wayside B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Honokaa
Waipio Wayside B&B
Ranked #2 of 5 Honokaa B&B and Inns
Haiku, Maui, Hawaii
“An Inspirational Home and Hostess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

The bed was comfortable, the shower hot, and the breakfast was healthy and delicious. Jacqueline's taste in decor centers on local Hawaiian and Far Eastern antiques which lend historical magic to this gracious home. She knows the island's restaurants and attractions, providing us with the best advice. We highly recommend this bed and breakfast inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank OverYonderMauiBandB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I spent two days at the Waipio B&B and absolutely loved our stay. We spent a full week on the big island staying at big name hotels as well as B&B's and by far Jacquelin's hospitality was the best. If you are looking for a tranquil atmosphere and waking up to an amazing organic breakfast sitting at a table with people from all around then this is your place. If you are looking for a big island resort feel then look somewhere else. The room was very clean and the bathroom even had different bath salts to use after a nice day of hiking or driving. Tea is available 24/7 and even though we had a coqui symphony outside it felt like home. The muffins were so good I asked Jacqueline to send me the recipe. There is a lot of care put into every detail, even some of the silverware is pure silver! Overall, highly recommended if a true B&B experience is what you are looking for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Jacqueline was so warm and gracious; truly a special person. She was very easy to be around and we enjoyed wonderful conversations. She tailored our breakfast to suit my dietary needs, and it was delicious. We had the use of a sitting room as well as bedroom and private bathroom. The de-humidifier helped with the moisture problem, which results from the rainforest climate. The deck was beautiful, with a gazebo, a big hammock, and an ocean view. And if you like pets, you will love Sweetie, Jacqueline's friendly cat. While I've rated "this property" at 4, the hosts are a definite 5!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Luxembourg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Having read the reviews and the homepage we were looking forward to our stay.

The house is ok, the location good and the rooms below average. The rooms were very moist and the bed felt like it was wet. This was strange as the climate outside the house was not wet or even moist. The breakfast was at best mediocore. Having read about the organic food on the www, we expected more. Half a papay, a muffin and some scrambled eggs, that was all.

We will not go back and do not recommend to friends looking for a special moment.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank OnlyTheBest-Lux
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My room was nice-looking and clean but the moisture diffused through the air was just terrible!
I had some notes which I put on the bed table before going to sleep, and in the morning they were all damp. Likewise my clothes which I left hanging on the chair. All this although I had not opened the window even once! I was waking up from cold throughout the night; the bed-cover was made of some artificial fiber, very far from soft.

The place gave me an impression of slightly outdated and also the owner Jaqueline was, I am very afraid to say, sort of out of touch with reality. I had this idea of going horse-riding in the Valley in the morning, but she said that for sure it is too late to book a trip for the same day and also that there is no point of calling before 8am because for sure nobody will be in the office. I said OK, she is local so she knows. But then, it was 7:30am and I had nothing else to do, so I called the number which I found on TripAdvisor (I called from my laptop, using Skype) and a most helpful lady answered who booked me on a wonderful trip starting at 9am. To Jaqueline's credit, she then spoke with the lady on the phone and kindly explained to me the location of the meeting point.

Breakfast was good but the conversation at the table was *very* weird. Before I left, another guest hugged me to convey cosmic powers on me and told me to remember to say 'thank you' to the horse before I ride it. I was so relieved to leave; it was the lowest point of my visit to Hawaii.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Marta L
Waipio, Owner at Waipio Wayside B&B, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Aloha Marta, and thank you for your review. All comments are appreciated and taken to heart. I am happy to say that after 25 years, I am still passionate about running the B&B because of all of the interesting people who stay at Waipio Wayside...from the lady who recently came to the Big Island to "realign" Hawaii's energy to the Tibetan monk who wanted to be Robin Williams. Each day presents new people with their individual stories to tell. In a way, I can relate it to movie shorts of people's lives.

Jacqueline Horne, Proprietor
Historic Waipio Wayside B&B
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Ted and I enjoyed our stay at the Waipio Wayside B&B so much that we booked a third night on the remaining part of our trip! Jaqueline and Nic were very helpful and knowledgeable. The food was delicious and the lodging very spacious and tranquil. I miss the papaya for breakfast...and the papaya treats! I highly recommend a casual lounge out on the hammock on the back deck where you can peer out through the trees and see the ocean. From our location an easy reach to waterfalls, Waipio valley, black sand beach, volcano and the favorite local pizza restaurant!
A very restful and tranquil stay. We will be back....again.chirp..chirp..Mahalo!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne F
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

If you're wondering where to stay on the northern part of the Big Island, wonder no more - Waipio Wayside B&B is great and nicely situated for exploring what we found to be the prettiest parts of the island. The old-style Hawaiian plantation house is very nice, everything was clean and tastefully appointed, the breakfasts were fresh and amazing and Jacqueline was a great host. Furthermore, it's nicely situated, very near the valley (which is stunning), close to Waimea, and really not all that far from the western beaches. The one and only complaint I had were the frogs chirping, so bring some ear plugs if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iberjan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honokaa
Honoka'a Club
Jacaranda Inn
Jacaranda Inn
#4 of 8 in Waimea
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Been to Waipio Wayside B&B? Share your experiences!