“Ahhhhh malasadas!!!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The portions for breakfast are huge!! My daughter got the silver dollar pancakes and they were huge! My son and I could have shared the French toast too! Love the sweet bread egg sandwiches!

Now the malasadas were delish!! We all agreed the plain ones are the best. Did not care for the fillings. You have to eat them warm or they are too doughy later.

Prices were very reasonable too!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I wish I could have tried other stuff, but the Malasadas were enough for me. If that's all they sold, they'd still be one of the best places on the island.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Get the plain donuts. The ones with filings are nasty! We tried all the filings except for one since we were a family of 10. The plain ones were amazing! !!!! I wouldn't drive all the way here just to eat but it's a good place to stop on your way to Waipio valley from Hilo

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I realize most people come here for the doughnuts, excuse me, malasadas. They're warm, puffy, soft fleshed doughnuts with granulated sugar on them. And perhaps a filling if you choose 'em that way. That's it. We were unimpressed with this most famous of their offerings. However, the burgers are outstanding and not so big as to make you need a nap. Served on Hawaiian rolls and cooked to your specification with freshly ground local beef these would be the reason we would return. My daughter had the fish fillet sandwich (not the fried cod, the local fish), and it too was delicious. The prices are also good for the Big Island. If they were known for these alone I'd give them five circles. However, you may really like the warm granulated sugar covered doughnuts. It seems that most people do. We saw lots of folks ordering multiples each, and a box to go! They cost $1 each for the unfilled variety, fyi.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We went to Farmers Mkt today...Asked where the MALASADAS were..The KettleCorn Lady and her daughter told us to head 15 min. Down to Tex's Drive In...My Mom got the Portuguese Sausage, eggs and hash browns..loved it...Donna got Garden Burger Loco MOCO ..Loved it..needed more gravy though..and I got Grilled Cheese ..good..couldn't believe the Lines...the line was out the door and the girl calling the numbers would say..can I help the next person in line..instead of ...OPENING A 2nd line ..she would Multi task and then take another order here and there...NEED MORE HIRED HELP..Yes, we will be driving through next time..MUCH FASTER.