“Pretty good!”
Review of Simply Natural

Simply Natural
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Honokaa
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Ate a tuna salad sandwich for lunch and it was fine. Went outside on the tables and just observed people walking by and must say enjoyed it. Very simple, but HEALTHY place to eat at while in this area. There were other places, but they were more of the sit down and order type place. I just wanted something healthy at a good price and be able to sit outside and this place won. I am glad to have went there and give it a 5 out of 5. Enjoyed it a lot!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The owner threatened to call the police when we attempted to correct an order. My daughter ordered a tuna salad on SALAD and got a sandwich instead. We offered to pay the difference to make it right, but the owner would not accept the fact that she made.a mistake and started a noisy public argument instead! We were told that we were the worst customers she had ever had and that she had the right to refuse service, Really? We had already paid her for the order and tip and were refused a refund. She told us to complain to the credit card companies. So for $50 we got nothing but an empty stomach and an earful. Luckily a local official was passing by and heard everything.She has asked us to file a report because there have been so many other complaints. We are doing so.

10  Thank oaklandpal
Reviewed March 28, 2013

First restaurant open in Honokaa (most other businesses are 10-3:00 some days), so husband and I gave it a try. Ordered the taro pancakes- and they were so good we came back the next day for more. I'm not sure taro has much of a taste, but they were good soft pancakes the size of a plate served with cinnamon sugar, butter, and maple syrup.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

A delightful and homey establishment for lunch, "Simply Natural" located in Honoka'a, less than an hour coastal drive north of Hilo near Waipi'o Valley. Very small, parking on street, don't be in a hurry (you're in Hawaii). Brunch Extraordinaire...Pancakes, Omelets, Sandwiches, Smoothies, Ice Cream...The management (Elizabeth) is most accommodating and the food is excellent! Enjoy...

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We spent 10 days on the Big Island and met only one rude person. We wanted something cold to drink after enjoying Waipi'o Valley. We never made it past the condescending young woman behind the counter. She had laryngitis and we had a hard time understanding her, but no problem. We felt bad for her and we were very patient. When I asked her to repeat what she was saying about the chocolate and coconut, she copped a snotty attitude and said "I can see this is difficult for you. I told you 3 times already. Try to focus." My husband and I were expecting her to snap her fingers in front of our faces. We were very focused, because when she was "answering our questions" she kept turning her back and we would only catch 1 or 2 words. Neither one of us is hard of hearing. We told her "Never mind, we'll go someplace else." Sarcastically, she said "Good! Have a nice day." I have to admit, I will never go back to that town because of that rude woman. We still don't understand what her problem was. Otherwise, we loved every minute of our vacation.

9  Thank BonAndMike