“Beautiful scenery & hospitality in quiet & comfortable inn !!”
Review of Waipio Rim

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Honokaa
Waipio Rim
Ranked #1 of 5 Honokaa B&B and Inns
Fujimino, Japan
“Beautiful scenery & hospitality in quiet & comfortable inn !!”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I have stayed with my mother aged 77 as Japanese anniversary and enjoyed this good inn indeed! It was so nice to see beatuiful scenery of Waipio Valley and ocean, and
to enjoy the clean & comfortable room included good snacks/breakfast. I would like to
recommend this inn to all the traveler to Big Island

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
JonShea
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My wife and I stayed here on our last day of a 12 day vacation around Hawaii (Kauai and the Big Island). It was easily our favorite accomodation. I've read the rest of the reviews and I don't want to repeat all of the wonderful things everyone else has said, but I will say that they are all true.

This is one of those very rare truly unique places and experiences that you can enjoy on a trip. It's off the beaten tourist path and provides an opportunity to relax and appreciate a very special place in Hawaii. It also has plenty of opportunities for excitement and adventure. The hike down into the valley is amazing and if you choose to hike all the back to the falls you will be rewarded for your effort with an amazing site. Please be careful doing so as you'll come very close to hiking on private property. Be respectful.

As noted in other reviews, Nancy and Steve are more than your hosts for your visit. They are sweet and charming people. They will provide you all the privacy you need or will sit and talk with you if you so desire. I had an amusing experience with my Jeep 4 wheel drive having mechanical issues and Steve crawled under my car to put his mechanic skills to the test. My wife and I have never felt so welcome. If you have an opportunity to stay here, we can't recommend it enough. We hope to be back.

We came as visitors and left as friends.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bromsgrove
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My wife and I spent the 1st two weeks of September 2010 touring Hawaii and stayed in a number of B&Bs - this was the best and some of the best accomodation I've stayed in anywhere in the world. The room was finished to a high standard and the food, from the cheese platter and complimentary wine on arrival to the lovely breakfast, was first rate. But the real draw of this B&B is the location - the views from the decking area outside the room are simply incredible. Steve and Nancy were great hosts and very friendly and welcoming. The location doesn't really lend itself as a base for exploring the island as it is quite a way from the main beaches but coming to this B&B is an event in itself and anyone visiting Hawaii should try and put aside a couple of nights to stay here - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Anchorage
Reviewed September 8, 2010

The deck of Waipio Rim overlooks one of the most beautiful and interesting scenes we have ever enjoyed. From the back door guests can hike up to the rim or down to the valley floor and beach. Owners Nancy and Steve deliver excellent coffee and breakfasts (heavy on local fruits) – very nice folks. We regret not staying longer (and leaving in general). W.R. is a single unit, not connected to owners’ home, so very private and quiet. If you’re considering a honeymoon gift of lodging in Hawaii for friends or relatives who love the outdoors, I suggest time at WR will be much more special than the resorts (they’ll think you’re so savvy for finding it). Not for those who think B&B's should resemble doll/antique shops; it's a bit like an elegant tree house.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2010

My mother and I agreed that this was the best bed and breakfast either of us had ever stayed in. #1) The view silences the heart. #2) The owners built it themselves and each detail is chosen carefully with taste and more than likely crafted by local Hawaiian artists (the wooden fish cutting board in our room for example carved by a surfer on the beach below) #3) the owners spoiled us as if we were their children. Steve guided us out on a forgotten, over-grown sugarcane road around the rim, and gave us the dog to lead us home. It was a gorgeous, rewarding forest experience. He picked pink guavas and avocados from the trees for us. Nancy dropped off home-made apple, macadamia oven bake covered in fresh whipped cream and garden strawberries. The next day she delighted us with banana pancakes with passion fruit jam, honey from their own bees and pineapple sprinkled with coconut. The sheets, towels, kitchen-ware, shower with a view, garden, pond, everything in this place is gorgeous. Don't miss catching a ride down to the surf at 6am to watch the local surfers and hike back into the valley on the King's Trail. My mom kept joking that we would stay for six months. She was sad to leave. Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2010
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I can't say enough great things about this little B&B. The hosts, Steve and Nancy, were very accommodating, informative about the island and provided everything we needed. Steve even gave me some basic surfing lessons and let my wife and I use their two person kayak to paddle up the river in the valley. The breakfast was out-of-this world with fresh Hawaiian coffee. Everything A+.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The guest house is brand new and beautifully decorated. The house comes with a great balcony overlooking the ocean and Waipio valley. Every morning we woke up to fresh coffee and delicious breakfasts (macadamia nut pancakes and waffles with fresh local fruit). The owners Steve and Nancy were incredibly kind and helpful during our stay. They gave invaluable advice for planning our activities and even helped to change a flat tire. If you are on the Big Island I would definitely recommend to visit and stay at this B&B.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honokaa
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Honoka'a Club
Honoka'a Club
#1 of 1 in Honokaa
Kings' Land by Hilton Grand Vacations
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Been to Waipio Rim? Share your experiences!