“Couldn't have asked for more” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 20 things to do in Honokaa
Brooklyn, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Couldn't have asked for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2011

My girlfriend and I did a 9-mile Kilauea Volcano hike with Hugh, and couldn't have asked for a better experience. We were told that a guide wasn't needed for the volcano, but we came away so thankful that we did. Hugh pointed out things we would never have known in all areas.

Thanks for making a childhood dream come true!

Visited January 2011

Dallas, Texas
“Highlight of my trip to Big Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

We had the great pleasure of having a skilled and thoughtful guide named Hugh Montgomery of Hawaiian Walkways take us on a hike into the rim of Waipio Valley. I learned nature and history of Hawaii from him that I drew on the rest of my trip. Why Waipio? Remote and hidden beauty and interesting stories about people living there.
Check out the website.

Denver, CO
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent Waipio Valley hike.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2010

Hawaiian Walkways provides a great way to hike the rim of this beautiful valley and swim in a waterfall if you want. Joe, our guide was friendly and knowledgeable about the local flora and fauna, providing us with a lot more information than we would have learned on our own. Definitely a better experience than just going to the overlook or walking down into the valley on your own.

Tucson, AZ
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fun and easy hike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

Tish, our guide, made us very comfortable and narrated the hike well. The learning experience was as great as the hike. The hike is relatively easy and the scenery changes often and is always beautiful. We enjoyed the waterfall/pool. The day was overcast and at times rained, but that did not detract from the enjoyment at all - may have even made it better. They provided rain gear, food and drinks. Tish even got some good pictues of us! Overall, a good way to get off the beaten path and see some of the natural beauty of the Big Island. The best part was that me, my wife and daughter were the only participants and they still took us on this now "private" hike at no extra charge! Thanks, Tish for a great time!

1 Thank AZlovesHI