Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM

Reviewed April 6, 2016
bogey831
Los Angeles, California
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

I was very impressed with how patient and helpful the instructors were with all of the people in our group ranging in age from 8-40. Highly recommend FBI for first time surfers!

Reviewed April 6, 2016 via mobile

My friend recommended this surf school because they are great with children. They actually do a surf school for autistic children.my experience was quite incredible. This was my first time. He was able to get me up right away if on the third try. The ocean was crystal clear with the ability to see the yellow tang in the wave behind you. Just amazing experience. Would recommend for everyone. He also runs a bed-and-breakfast for those interested.

Reviewed April 2, 2016

Ossian and Justin were very helpful, and encouraging. We had surfed before but never taken lessons. I highly recommend them. We were only 3 students and had 2 teachers, they teach you how to improve quickly, and make it fun. Really enjoyed our lesson today!!!

Reviewed February 21, 2016

These are great surf instructors! My 9-year-old daughter and I went surfing for the first time in this class and had a great time. Location is great, small class size.

Reviewed January 25, 2016

I loved my surf lesson with FBI Surf School :-) Ossian and Austin were my fantastic teachers, and ratios were 2-3 people per teacher - great overall. They're all super friendly and helpful and adjust their instruction to the needs of the participants. I was by myself, so I appreciated the friendly, encouraging approach they take! This was one of the longest surf lessons I've ever taken (2 hours), so you definitely get your money's worth and wind up exhausting yourself (in a good way!). I'd definitely recommend them!

Reviewed December 31, 2015

Surfing with Ossian was an absolute blast. I had only been surfing once before with very little instruction. With Ossian, it was a completely different experience - we started off with the smaller waves and worked our way up to the bigger waves at Kahalu'u beach in Kona. After every wave, he would give me some pointers and encouragement for the next one.

I would definitely recommend Ossian to anyone who is looking to learn a lot and have a great time surfing!

Reviewed December 28, 2014

Ossian runs a great school. They have chosen a nice bay with a good range of waves. Closer in, it's gentle. Further to the edges, and you get longer rides and bigger waves.

Our class was on a Wednesday morning after several days of rough swell. Ossian brought two more instructors for our class of four surfers. We literally had an instructor with us every time we were ready to jump on a wave.

The instruction was just the right mix of "telling" and letting you feel it. All three instructors are capable surfers, but they spent their time teaching us, and not focused on themselves. My two daughters and I all have modest surfing experiences previously, and the team was able to build on that for all of us. We had a great experience and would definitely come back again.

Reviewed November 20, 2014

My kids took surfing lessons with Ossian, I wasn't there but they both said he was really great, patient and helpful in getting both of up on a lot of waves. Highly recommended, he'll meet you at the beach with all the gear you need to start riding.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

As someone who is not a good swimmer and has a general fear of the water, attempting to surf was something I wanted to try, but assumed I would not be good at it. Without Ossian and Casey, there's no way I would have got up on the board. They are truly great at helping you learn how to surf. I didn't stay the entire time because it was daunting for me, but I SURFED! The instructors were so sweet and understanding and encouraged us every step of the way. They even have a helper taking awesome photos you can purchase online after the class. Loved it!

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Found this surf school while browsing the internet and decided to go with it because of the great reviews. What a fantastic choice we made! Ossian and Casey were great instructors! Our group was small and made it so it was like a private lesson. They watched and gave pointers for each of us to help us get up on the board. They were encouraging, but not pushy and really made the experience enjoyable. Definitely recommend them to anyone going to the big island!