“Da' Best!”

Hula Daddy Kona Coffee
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Holualoa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Hula Daddy Kona Coffee is the winner of the 2016 Kona Coffee Cupping Competition and the 2015 Hawaii Cupping Competition. Hula Daddy sells roasted coffee beans that have been grown on its own plantation. We offer coffee tasting, farm tours and roasting demonstrations by advance reservation only.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

A few minutes up the road from Kona you will find "da' best" coffee and tour! Crisinna and company gave us a tour of the field and roasting room of Hula Daddy as we sipped samples of their 100% Kona coffee. The tour includes showing the process from harvesting to roasting to packaging this terrific coffee. Crisinna and ALL the staff made our visit such a delightful afternoon stop! Look for the clock tower and check out this little gem of a coffee farm!

Karen P, Owner at Hula Daddy Kona Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Aloha Thank you for writing a review. We enjoyed talking with you and hope that you return soon. Mahalo Karen

There are newer reviews for Hula Daddy Kona Coffee

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a great place to learn about coffee and taste 100% Kona coffee. Everything is done by hand and in small batches to control the quality. We were fortunate enough to get a tour from Karen, one of the owners, and to watch them roasting batches while we were there.

Aloha We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and got to see our coffee roasting. Please come back soon. Mahalo Karen

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Hula Daddy was a highlight of our trip to the Big Island. My husband, 5-yr old daughter and I visited the day after Christmas, we were the only ones there at the time - so we got a nice private tour! Even though my daughter is young she was interested in the beans and process they go through. I think it was Tammi? that took us on the tour, she was very welcoming, friendly, patient with all of our questions and a joy to meet as a fellow coffee passionista. The tour reminded me of the old days in Napa, CA when you'd get a free tour and tasting with no pressure at all to buy. But buy we did! Their coffee is excellent, I sent some to myself and some to my coffee-fanatic dad for a late Christmas present. Well worth the trip! Visit Hula Daddy for a wonderful learning experience, great coffee and a real Hawaiian Aloha!

Aloha Shelli, We enjoyed meeting you and your daughter. We like it when visitors bring their children. We look forward to your return. Mahalo Karen

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We visited Hula Daddy at the recommendation of friends who had been there on their last visit to Kona. The tour was extremely interesting and informative, and the coffee is fantastic. My fifteen year old son who has been to coffee plantations in Costa Rica thought the tour was outstanding. I will be buying my coffee from Hula Daddy online.

1  Thank Jeffreykmd
Karen P, Owner at Hula Daddy Kona Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Aloha Jefferey Mahalo nui loa for your review. We are so pleased that we lived up to your friends recommendation. Tell them thank you for us. We look forward to your next visit to the farm. Mahalo
Karen

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I arrived early and were greeted warmly. Free coffee samples, one mild and one bold. The bold was really some of the best coffee I had tasted in quite a while. Two other couples came in just a few minutes after we did so the 6 of us were given the tour. They would given their free tour to anyone and would do so for even a single couple. They say it normally is 30 to 45 minutes but since we asked a lot a questions ours lasted over an hour I think. I now feel like an expert on coffee making! There is absolutely no pushing you to buy anything after the tour but we bought a pound of their best peaberry extra sweet for just under $65. They only sell in 1 pound quantities but I asked them if they could pack in two half pound bags which they did. The other two couples bought a pound together and split it into half pound bags as well. We also bought a couple of bags of chocolate covered coffee beans. I love these and a large bag was just $12. We're really glad we researched which was the best tour before taking this one. We agree that Hula Daddy is the best.

1  Thank TheTrimms
Karen P, Owner at Hula Daddy Kona Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Aloha Thank you for taking the time to write a review.We enjoyed your visit. We look forward to tasting coffee with you on your next trip to the Big Island. Mahalo Karen