“The Lilikoi Inn is the ideal place to experience the beauty and hospitality of the Big Island”
Review of Lilikoi Inn

and 1 more site!
Lilikoi Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Holualoa B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2010

This was my second visit to the Lilikoi Inn. I had such a phenomenal time during my first visit that I had to come back to experience more of the beautiful views, comfy quarters, tasty food, and lively hosts. To say the least, I was not at all disappointed by my choice to return.

The Lilikoi in the perfect getaway for travelers who want to experience the fine hospitality of the Big Island. Owners Trina and Shai are the warmest hosts and have a stunning home to share with travelers. The Inn has a beautiful lanai that overlooks the entire Kona coastline. This wonderfully designed porch is particularly spectacular at sunset. I enjoyed may hours on the lanai taking in the view, reading, playing chess and smelling the fresh coffee growing all around the Inn.

The guest rooms make you feel right at home. Everything you need for a pleasant stay is well within reach. I can guarantee that you will be able to rest easy in this beautiful paradise.

The quality of the food at the Lilikoi Inn sets it apart from other BBs that I have stayed at in the past. Shai is a magnificent cook who used to own a catering business in the San Francisco Bay Area. Since moving to Hawaii, he has infused the natural flavors of the island into many of his dishes that are simply to die for! If you like fresh banana bread, this is certainly the place to stay...I couldn't get enough.

I would certainly recommend the Lilikoi in to anyone who wants to get the most out of their Hawaiian vacation. Whether you stay for a night or an entire week, I can assure you that you will create many wonderful memories at the Lilikoi Inn.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed June 18, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Inn with a few good friends towards the end of our stay on the Big Island, and I really wish we had checked in sooner. Trina and Shai were incredibly welcoming and knowledgeable about all the island has to offer.

The place has the feel of staying with your favorite relatives, from the amazing food that Shai prepares daily (I still fantasize about the fresh egg frittata and Shai's special spicy sauce), to the wonderful stories they regale you with. It was a great home base to come back to and take a dip in the hot tub after all our adventures on the island. I was really sad to go.

Definitely recommend this place, especially if you like a home-like feel and are traveling in a group in need of multiple rooms.

Manchaca, Texas
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We were greeted by Shai and a tour of the grounds and house, followed by wonderful smoothies. We stayed in the Green Papaya room for 3 nights, and the room was decorated in a very tranquil theme and had a nice spacious bathroom. It only got better from there. Our breakfasts each morning consisted of the freshest fruit, eggs, avocado and juice that were all from the property and were masterly prepared by Shai the chef . The Kona coffee was made from coffee beans harvested on site and was delighful as well, according to my husband. I do not drink coffee, so Shai made me herbal tea each morning instead. Trina and Shai gave us suggestions on which beaches we should go to and sights we should see. We were made to feel at home, and the location was just secluded enough to be very relaxing, yet only about 15 minutes away from Alli Drive, for shopping, etc. We definitely recommend The Lilikoi Inn for a great experience on the Big Island and look forward to returning to see Trina, Shai, Lilli, Nanny, Teddy, and Decaf again!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed June 7, 2010

I am sitting on the Veranda sipping my second cup of dark rich Kona coffee and munching on fresh avocado and papaya and a gourmet omelet. Huge trees surround me like a jungle with a large slice of ocean opening to the east. The weather is perfect. My wife and I have just awakened from a comfortable night's sleep in the Lilikoi Room. Trina has advised us where to go for snorkling and other adventures. Her husband and co-owner, Shai, has prepared an incredible breakfast. Most of the delicious breakfast came from Shai's own coffee and fruit trees, garden and chickens. That's what I call home-grown! This place was perfection in paradise.

Reviewed June 3, 2010

We stayed here for two nights in the Green Papaya room, and I wish we'd spent our whole trip here. The room was large, clean and modern. The View from the lanai was breathtaking. The location was perfect; secluded but still only a short drive to town, restaurants and beaches. They had anything you might need (beach towels/chairs, boogie boards, kitchen access, DVDs, laundry, books, games and more.) Shai was so friendly and helpful. He made an amazing breakfast each morning which included fruits and coffee from their grounds. He created a great atmosphere and made the stay at the Inn an experience on its own. I can't recommend this place enough, and will stay here next time I visit the big Island.

Houston
Reviewed May 31, 2010

My husband and I spent three wonderful nights at the Lilikoi Inn, located in the cool refreshing air about 1600' above Kailua-Kona, Hi. Our host and hostess, Shai and Trina could not have been more warm or hospitable. Shai even greeted us when we drove up and grabbed our luggage like we were long lost relatives. You really feel as though you've come to a second home in paradise with the pampering and personal attention.

We booked the Lilikoi room on the second floor where the breakfast lanai and guest kitchen are located. The room was tastefully appointed, even with a fresh tropical bouquet to welcome our stay including fresh fruit smoothies made by Shai.

The breakfasts started with delicious coffee made from their home grown beans and fresh tropical fruit. The banana pancakes, served with homemade lilikoi syrup were the best I've ever eaten!!!! From the frittata to other creative, delicious dishes we were always
impressed with Shai's culinary skills. We had the pleasure of joining them for one of their monthly special dinner's. This month it was a 5-course Indian dinner, complete with authentic live music. The food was marvelous and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting some of their friends from the island.

It was very obvious to us that both Shai and Trina enjoyed making their guest's stays memorable. We can't wait to return to the Lilikoi Inn.

Big hugs and thanks for a fantastic experience.

Doug and Carol

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I was late in booking a place to stay for my trip to the big island and just happened to find the Lilikoi Inn. I'm so glad I did. Great place in all ways, and Trina and Shai are very friendly and helpful people. Breakfast was amazing everyday we were there. We actually ended up changing our plans for the last days of our trip so we could stay for a couple more nights at the Lilikoi Inn. The location is really good, far enough away from town to be quiet but still a very short drive into Kona. I would highly recommend this place to anyone going to the Big Island.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holualoa
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona
Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
Four Seasons Resort Hualalai
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii
Holualoa Inn
Holualoa Inn
#2 of 6 in Holualoa

Been to Lilikoi Inn? Share your experiences!