“really artisanal”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 27, 2013

pride in making baked specialties and desserts really delicious and beautiful as well. Try the croissants.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Taken there by my son for Brunch; sandwiches were a little pricey but good. We had the Classic and the Roast Pork. They bake their own bread here, which makes the sandwiches extra special. A wide selection of own baked cakes - try the Banana roulade or a salted caramel cupcake.
We ate outside. Friendly service. Open for Brunch on Sundays.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We discovered this place by accident, but it was the best type of accident. on both visits the coffee was delicious, services was fast and excellent and the food was scrumptious. It is a little out of the way and you need to look for it, but well worth the find. A place not to miss

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have eaten at Short and Sweet twice this week. I had really good soup and nutella pie (yum). Second time I had their excellent orzo salad and I bought a package of their home-made marshmallows, that come in a varoety of flavors. I have also tried their flourless Chocolate Cake, which is in the death by chocolate category, in a good way. Everything so far is good from this bakery cafe.

1  Thank Sue F
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here right after we landed with a group of four. We arrived around 2 pm so we had no problem finding parking or seating at one of the three tables inside. The service was friendly and the food was superb. We ordered focaccia sandwiches and yummy desserts. I had the grilled ham and cheese and the Hilo bar. Yum! What a great stop.