“A piece of Paradise on Earth!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Marie8662
Oslo, Norway
“A piece of Paradise on Earth!”
Reviewed January 29, 2017 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Our family of four stayed on Flower Hill two out of three months on Big Island, and we LOVED it! If it were available, we would have stayed there the whole time. The apartment had everything we needed and the view was Amazing! Tim and Karen became like family, they are so friendly, helpful and has the warmest hearts. They made art-projects for our children and taught them how to care for their farm-animals, our kids loved them and this place! Their friendly dog Buddy was fun to be around! The area is quiet yet close to all that Hilo has to offer. Their fruitgarden is a piece of paradise! We have only good things to say after our long stay. If you are looking for a place to spend your time on Big Island, this is it!

Date of stay: October 2016
Jan 30, 2017
It was hard to see you go, you did become part of the family; and did more than your share helping and cleaning your place up when you left.
We will see you next time you are back!
Or for Felicia's wedding!
Leonard S
Edmonton, Canada
“Simply amazing.”
Reviewed January 27, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

It's hard to describe just how beautiful this place is. The pictures don't do it justice. It is simply breathtaking. The unit is (again, deceptive from the pictures) nearly new, and is open and airy and has everything you need, including laundry. Hilo is a short drive away and a beautiful scenic drive is minutes away. It's really quite perfect, particularly when you consider the price. I would suggest you arrive during daylight as the road leading to the property is quite narrow, also follow Karen's directions not Google's as Google will try leading you down a road that is actually closed. Speaking of Karen, the owners of the property are really wonderful people (we got in much later than planned and Karen brought us dinner) who are rightfully proud of the beautiful haven they have created. We'd go back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: January 2017
Jan 30, 2017
It was so nice meeting you and talking garden talk, hope you can stay longer next time. I know it is never long enough, in paradise.
justme974...
Coos Bay
“Home Sweet Home”
Reviewed August 1, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

OMG . It was my first time to Hawaii - and hopefully not my last. First off Karen and Tim are amazing! I felt like we knew them forever. Very friendly and helpful. We were greeted with smiles and Aloha's. The home is so cozy and homey. The deck is the best spot. I enjoyed my early morning coffee and late night drink on it. Enjoyed the gecko's who scurried across it every now and then. Now, the birds in the bamboo were just amazing. The colors and sounds sparked so much joy inside of me. I just dont know if words can really express the true feelings of joy i have for this place. I consider it home. The farm animals were a joy too. I learned that horses love pineapple - and i also learned that pineapple does not grow off of a tree! The fresh fruits and garden areas were a great learning adventure too. The sites of Hilo are great. I enjoyed zip lines and snorkeling too. (Karen, you need to get those videos created) Karen was great at sharing hidden gems that Hilo has to offer. From the bottom of my heart - Ma-halo!

Date of stay: July 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling of home and fresh fruits.
Liked least: Nothing really - the sticky heat was even nice.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
blacky101
“Best relaxed accommodation ever”
Reviewed May 4, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

My family and I had a wonderful time staying with Tim and Helen. That are wonderful hosts. Very relaxed and happy to answer any questions. They made our children feel relaxed. I will definitely recommend their accommodation to others and will stay there again, only for a longer period.

Date of stay: April 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
May 5, 2016
It was great having you. Your boys were a lot of fun, and very good boys. Hope you come back soon, or later.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing