“Hidden jem! ”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“Hidden jem! ”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We went for dinner and were very glad that the restaurant was a personal recommendation from a friend. The place itself is a little tucked away and we actually missed it the first drive by. Given we were in what appeared to be more of an industrial area, we almost turned around and went back the way we came... Almost. And boy were we glad we persevered. Sombat's has very fresh ingredients, delicious food, and very reasonable prices. We had the Tom yum soup, pad kee mow, and the kang ka-ree curry. They were all very delicious and flavorful. The portions were generous and we packed the left overs that was enough for another meal. We arrived right after they opened for dinner and the place was packed quite quickly. I would definitely recommend Sombat's to all my friends that visit the big island.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Hard to access but worth it”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Outstanding Thai food but believe them when they say "Thai hot" and go mild if you're at all in doubt. Can BYOB if you want alcohol.

• Visited January 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Best Thai Food I've Ever Had”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The title says it all. I do A LOT of traveling and devouring of Thai food along the way, but this place blew my mind. There are so many good things I could say about it, but I'm getting tired of reviewing so please just take my advice and try this place out. Pineapple fried rice highly recommended.

ZOMG, how am I going to live without Sombat's on the Mainland?!?!

Visited December 2013
“Best of the best Thai Restaurants.”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

In a town with some of the best Thai cooks outside of Thailand, Sombat continues to distinguish herself as a master of the cuisine. Flavors explode long after you swallow, a symphony of ingredients. You will be impressed. Even the offerings on the lunch line will delight your taste buds. Don't miss it while in Hilo. No other island has Sombat.

Visited December 2013
New York City, New York
“Some of the best Thai food I've had in the US”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

we stopped at Sombat's on our last day in Hawaii, before going to the airport to fly home. What a treat! Food is amazingly delicious, fresh ingredients, true home cooking! Curries are insanely complex and full, but we stayed on the milder side of things. We sat outside (the place was packed) for a dinner, and it was just fun to sit there and have airplanes fly over your head as they were going for landing.

One of the best places to eat in all of Hawaii, period! I don't know why the Big Island Revealed book doesn't list them?

• Visited November 2013