“Inconsistent Saimin, but lots of food”

Nori's Saimin & Snacks
Ranked #38 of 239 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Asian, Hawaiian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Inconsistent Saimin, but lots of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

It's the only Saimin place in town, so I go there. The broth is inconsistently good. I go there for the nori burger and strawhaupia pie. The Saimin is plentiful, but you may want to request a pot of hot water to dilute the saltiness.

• Visited January 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Kula, Hawaii
“I love their food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I love saimin & udon & chow fun. I ate there for dinner the two nights we were in town. They also have a cute little gift shop selling local snacks & Hello Kitty merchandise. Cute little family run operation. They serve really yummy local food with HUGE portions.

Visited January 2013
Pearl City, Hawaii
“Average Visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I've eaten at Nori's on 2 other occasions and when we were in Hilo, we made it a point to stop here again. Its sort of difficult to find the location as its nestled in a business building. Parking is plentiful. Lots of seating available. I ordered a saimin which I did not eat even half of the order. Not sure if my palate was amiss this day but I found the soup to be too salty with an strong MSG after taste. Service was good - servers were attentive and friendly.

Visited December 2012
Wailuku, Hawaii, United States
“I ate the whole thing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Had a family dinner, eight of us, and it was an enjoyable experience. I had a small one ton min and the only thing that was small was the bowl. It was filled to the brim with noodles, one ton and savory broth. I also had a Nori's cheese burger and 2 Bar-B Que sticks. I was stuffed and I do have a large apatite and belly. Every one had something different and all were pleased with their meals. There is a little Hello Kitty shop attached to Nori's and they also sell an assortment of local treats like seedless dried ume and mochi cookies. I highly recommend this spot to anyone who would like to experience the local food flavor. We had reservations and we were glad we did as the shop filled up quickly. The waitress was an all-star as she managed to keep up.

• Visited November 2012
Henderson, Nevada
“Plenty Noodles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

A bunch of us went there to eat noodles. I had the waitress show us the small and large bowls. I thought, "Hmm, that's too small". I'm so used to other restaurants putting little bit of noodles in whatever size bowls. I ordered the Super. Yea, that's what I did ... snort, snort (like a pig). There was no bottom to this bowl, it seemed. My friend who ordered "small" said she couldn't even eat all of what she had. The bowls were stuffed with noodles ... too much, really. The soup was getting soaked up by the abundance of noodles. By the way, the soup is very tasty. When we were ready to leave, my friends said it looked like I didn't even make a dent in the noodle soup. Oink! Oink!

• Visited June 2012