My fiance (now wife) and I had planned a trip to Hilo for a little R&R and thought we might as well tie the knot while we were there. We stumbled upon At the Beach with Friends on the Internet and thought it looked interesting, so we booked three nights. When told of our plans to get married, Claudia (the proprietor) gave us the names of several ministers in the Hilo area and we were able to make our wedding arrangements ahead of time. We arrived in Hilo on a very late flight and Claudia was waiting up for us to take us to our room. Not quite knowing what to expect, we were thrilled with our accomodations... a large, well-furnished room and bath in a separate wing of the house purpose-built for guests. Spotlessly clean, fresh flowers by the bed, view of the "jungle" and pond, the whole works. After spending the following day sightseeing and exploring the beaches right across the street (we saw turtles, dolphins and whales!), we got down to the business of finalizing our wedding plans and Claudia drove us around Hilo to scout for a location. She showed us several out-of-the way beaches (her husband Scott volunteers his time to clearing beach trails in the area) and we found a very private and beautiful spot for the ceremony. After doing the deed and celebrating over dinner at a restaurant (again recommended by Claudia) the next evening, we returned to find Claudia, Scott, and the other guests had a wedding cake and champagne waiting! Needless to say, we were very sad to leave and wished we had planned on spending more time there.
We will definately return to At the Beach with Friends! Claudia and Scott are wonderful hosts. And the frogs? They were great too. Sounded like birds singing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private guest wing on a salt water lagoon across from Hilo's favorite swimming beaches. Luxury ocean view accommodations for $160-$180 king beds, ensuite baths, free WiFi, flat screen TVs, common sitting room/lounge area, games, books, & hot buffet breakfast. Small refrigerators in room and tea service available in common room. Triple room available. Beach towels, folding chairs,coolers flashlights and umbrellas on hand. $10/night discount off base price for five nights or more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your At the Beach with Friends Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At The Beach With Friends Hotel Hilo
- At The Beach With Friends Bed And Breakfast
- At The Beach With Friends Bed & Breakfast Hilo, Hawaii