We made a mistake with the dates in our reservation and ended up on Claudia, the owners, door step a month early. It could have been a disaster but Claudia was so forgiving, told us to relax and prepared a room for us. A hotel would probably have told us to take a hike and charged for the mistake. Instead we had our room for two nights in this interesting home surrounding by a tropical garden with a pond, birds, frogs and other types of island bird and wildlife. It's about a block to Richardson's Beach where you can swim and snorkel in protected areas and an easy drive back to the center of Hilo for restaurants, the Pacific Tsumami Museum (a must see), Rainbow Falls and other attractions. Claudia serves a full cooked breakfast complete with local island fruits, lovely breads and makes some outstanding peanut butter muffins. Thanks so much Claudia for your spirit of Aloha, making us feel welcome and taking such good care of these crazy travelers in our time of need. You are the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private guest wing on a salt water lagoon across from Hilo's favorite swimming beaches. Luxury ocean view accommodations for $160-$180 king beds, ensuite baths, free WiFi, flat screen TVs, common sitting room/lounge area, games, books, & hot buffet breakfast. Small refrigerators in room and tea service available in common room. Triple room available. Beach towels, folding chairs,coolers flashlights and umbrellas on hand. $10/night discount off base price for five nights or more. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- At The Beach With Friends Bed And Breakfast
- At The Beach With Friends Hotel Hilo
- At The Beach With Friends Bed & Breakfast Hilo, Hawaii