“Unfriendly, Dirty a place to avoid”
Review of Bears Coffee

Bears Coffee
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Hilo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were looking for breakfast. Picked the restaurant because it was recommended by Fodors (Sorry TripAdvisor).

It looked a little "messy/scruffy" but took a table. The two waiters inside ignored us from the start. No coffee offered, my wife ant to use the rest rooms. Disgusting, filthy…..

Still no service after her return we thought a quick exit would be prudent.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My son lives about 30 minutes outside of Hilo. We had to wait on a ride, and got hungry. He told me that was the worst place for eating; but I ignored him. I ordered a simple burger, and a coffee. The burger was not edible, and the coffee had lots of ground coffee floating around.
The owner is very nice, but I cannot believe he serves food so bad.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ate here two times. Great little place. I had a delicious and out of this world waffle with whip cream and syrup. Super relaxed atmosphere and the owner is super friendly and generous. Stop here for a great breakfast!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

All their eggs are souffle style, light fluffy and yummy. Best hot chocolate ever. Nothing fancy here, just a great affordable little coffee shop. Service was great and a nice breeze blows through the place. Cash only!!

1  Thank slungo
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Loved it here, the owner was very nice and good fun. He definitely made us feel welcome. Food and coffee were great too, certainly recommend.