Open today: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from $167.54
from $122.86
from $375.98
More Info
All reviews the big island private tour national park great tour small group his knowledge comfortable van volcano adventure orchid farm rainbow falls small van cruise ship lava tube black sand beach chocolate factory native hawaiian sea turtles
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2016 via mobile

Terrific small husband and wife business, Jill was our super informative guide and driver, small, comfortable van, delicious picnic lunch, great walks along the crater, and a visit to Rainbow Falls and a black sand beach. Perfect day!

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Jill made this tour one of the best highlights of our trip. She tailored the activities perfectly to match our group (ages 5, 40 , 38 ,69, 73)...everyone enjoyed it, felt comfortable and learned a lot. Totally recommend this company... jill really made me feel like we were visiting a long lost friend in hilo....great job!

Reviewed October 24, 2016

We had Jill as our guide and driver on a 10 hour trip. Her knowledge and enthusiasm for her island made it a memorable day ending with the volcano at sunset. To have a guide means one gets the best information in the time available and we considered it very good value for money. We saw wonderful valleys, waterfalls, sea turtles on our day. We were not rushed and shown great courtesy. Jill and husband Josh run this as their own business and their commitment deserves success. I thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed October 16, 2016

I highly recommend Mauka Makai Adventures!
Jill was very helpful to answer my questions when I booked the tour.
On the tour day, Josh was our guide, and he is really informative and friendly.
I had a lot of fun and learned a lot about Volcanoes and natures in Big Island.
I want to take other tours next time when I visit Hilo, Big Island again!!

Reviewed October 12, 2016

We did the trip out to the Volcano with Mauka Makai Adventures. We were picked up in a people mover and to our surprise our party of 4 were the only passengers. We were shown quite a few sights of the Big Island with the highlight being the active volcano. Our tour guide Josh was the owner of the company and his knowledge of the island was brilliant. I would highly recommend this company, it was a great experience.....

Date of experience: September 2016