“Good Food & Awesome Service”
Review of New Star Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Star Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is an older spacious restaurant, with a Mom & Pop Feel. Locals & Tourists looking for a good deal on food, frequent this place. I love the food, plates average from $8.00 to $10.00. They give a generous amount of food for the price. I'm a big local boy, and the portions are awesome. I loved the Buffet, $9.45 - Lunch, you might as well get the buffet for about a $1.00 more than a regular entre. If you're planning a big party, they can host up to 250 people, upstairs. One of the few places you can bring your own soda and side dishes (Desserts) if you reserve this place for a party. Party prices start from a 6 course menu for $14.99 a head. Why I gave New Star an excelent rating? We were having dinner and the owner gives us huge slices of Juicy Seedless Watermelon on the house. You can bet we'll be back. I felt the "Aloha," in the service we were given, your glass of water will always be filled, Hot Tea provided on request, and the hosts are always smiling.

1  Thank Bruddah_Sean

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Please do not waste your time or money on this buffet. When you first enter the restaurant, the smell of cockaroaches fill the air. I know, lived in hawaii my entire life and oh too familiar with this stench found in dirty homes and restaurants. Now for the buffet, first we were told that the buffet started at a certain time but as it was a slow evening, only a few dishes were broguht out. I then realized that they will hold off until more poeple arrives to avoid wasting the food. SO those who are there for the buffet are made to wait and wait and wait. Finally, when the entrees begins to come out slowly, there is a rush of starving patrons who then wipes out the entrees leaving the majority to return to their seats to wait for more. After 20 minutes another platter comes out the the same rush! A JOKE!!! By the time the entire buffet is set in place, it is about an hour and a half after it began. I even went a second time giving them a benefit of a doubt that it was a severely off day and would you know...it happened AGAIN!!! Needless to say, i will never go back! I now go only to New China's buffet which is decent if there is a flow of patrons to keep the food rotating and fresh. If not, you will have dried out entrees.

1  Thank localgirl808Hilo