“Local place and authentic”

Hilo Rice Noodles Soup
Ranked #124 of 247 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This is a hole in the wall joint owned by a Vietnamese/Chinese family. Overall authentic and pretty tasty.
It's located in the Kino'Ole strip mall. There is no sign on the outside. We found it only because our friends who live on the island took us there. It's for locals in the know and was pretty packed. I think we were the only tourists!
It's a bit more expensive than the pho places that we're used to in LA but then again, everything cost more on the island.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Friendly, inexpensive place to get good Chinese and Vietnamese food in Hilo town. The ambience is strip mall, but the place is clean and the service is good for our little town. It's sometimes very crowded, but they do take reservations.
There are some outstanding dishes here (I particularly like the Pho Ga and most fresh vegetable dishes) but I'd be careful about shellfish and seafood other than fresh local fish. Depending on who your waitperson is, and who's in the kitchen, and how busy it is, you can sometimes ask for special needs like low salt or no zucchini or whatever your preferences are.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

It is nice to have a local Hilo restaurant that doesn't break your pocket book. I prefer my soup to be served at a hotter temperature, but I enjoyed the attentive service and the generous amount of vegetables added in each soup.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Delicious Chinese & Vietnamese food.
Wide menu selection---good prices and big servings.
This is a small & popular restaurant -- reservations are recommended.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My first trip to this delightful eatery will not be my last! The food was fresh, of proper portion and served by accommodating staff. The little place is not much to look at from the outside but charming inside. The menu was diverse - something for everyone.