“Great authentic food great prices”

Royal SIAM Thai Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 243 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
“Great authentic food great prices”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great food very authentic flavors. Been to Thailand many times and the food tastes very close. Massaman curry is awesome and try the thai garlic salmon. Owners very friendly cozy.

1 Thank drewdogg12

Volcano, Hawaii
“Correction: Royal Siam in Hilo, Hawaii is open for business!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

In March of 2012, I wrote a review stating that the restaurant was closed. The sign they placed in the window, "Royal Siam is now closed" seemed so final.

Recently, I was surprised to see the restaurant open again.

Please give them a try, their food is delicious!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank KaleiBaker
Volcano, Hawaii
“We ate there recently, it was delicious, but I think they are closed for business.”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I remember this restaurant from the mid 80's, not sure how long it has been there. The yellow curry was delicious. Pong was an inviting host as he took our orders and brought us our food. I think his wife was cooking the food. Unfortunately, a few weeks after we ate there, I saw a "closed for business" sign in the window. The funny thing is that other signage in the window still makes it appear to be an active restaurant.

Visited December 2011
Papillion, Nebraska
“Exceptionally fresh and tasty Thai fool”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Royal Siam is a small, kind of older Hilo restaurant. Decor is nothing fancy, but the food is excellent. My family and I went twice during our stay in Hilo and loved the fresh seafood dishes. Service was great. Very economical.

• Visited November 2011
California
“Best Thai hole-in-the-wall EVER!”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Decor could use an update...but it is clean and well kept up. The lighting is great for a place to curl up, read a book, and enjoy a cold beer and some terrific Thai food! Pongsan, the owner, has been open for 20 years and has his recipes perfected...a wonderful pag thai has surprizes everywhere. The red curry was creamy and made all the elements of the meal superb. I especially enjoyed nthe shrimp satay...order it and be overwhelmed with a party in your mouth. Low prices, high quality...just great Thai!
11 am-9 pm