“We ate there recently, it was delicious, but I think they are closed for business.”

Royal SIAM Thai Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 250 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I remember this restaurant from the mid 80's, not sure how long it has been there. The yellow curry was delicious. Pong was an inviting host as he took our orders and brought us our food. I think his wife was cooking the food. Unfortunately, a few weeks after we ate there, I saw a "closed for business" sign in the window. The funny thing is that other signage in the window still makes it appear to be an active restaurant.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Royal Siam is a small, kind of older Hilo restaurant. Decor is nothing fancy, but the food is excellent. My family and I went twice during our stay in Hilo and loved the fresh seafood dishes. Service was great. Very economical.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Decor could use an update...but it is clean and well kept up. The lighting is great for a place to curl up, read a book, and enjoy a cold beer and some terrific Thai food! Pongsan, the owner, has been open for 20 years and has his recipes perfected...a wonderful pag thai has surprizes everywhere. The red curry was creamy and made all the elements of the meal superb. I especially enjoyed nthe shrimp satay...order it and be overwhelmed with a party in your mouth. Low prices, high quality...just great Thai!
11 am-9 pm

Reviewed August 6, 2010

We stopped at the Royal Siam Thai Restaurant after we spotted their coupon in the Entertainment Book. The food was excellent and the service was very attentive; although we felt slightly odd with the waiter seated in the restaurant staring our way so he could give us the prompt attention. The place is a bit rundown but that didn't bother us at all. We really enjoyed the restaurant.

Reviewed January 27, 2009

This little cafe is on the same street as the Hilo Farmers Market. We stopped in one day for lunch and the food was very good. We liked it so much we ate there 3 times during our 2 week stay in Hilo.