“I'm stuffed!”

Dining options: Reservations
University Park, MD
“I'm stuffed!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I shouldn't have eaten so much but I wasn't about to leave a morsel of my delicious dinner! I made a reservation for three, which may not have been necessary because the restaurant was not full. Almost immediately after being seated our waitress, dressed in a beautiful kimono, came to ask for beverage orders. I ordered a large Sapporo Beer which was ice cold. We also had an appetizer of calamari and a california roll. This restaurant is known for their sushi variety but I don't eat raw seafood so cannot comment on the quality, but they did have a sushi chef there waiting for orders. Our calamari was fresh fried and in steaks instead of the little rings that you usually get when you order calamari. It was crisp and hot and served with two sauces. We all ordered the combination plate which gave you a choice of three dishes out of about 10 options. Before the meal arrived we each got a bowl of seaweed which was soft and sweet, and a bowl of miso soup - which was very good.For the main meal I had the tempura, sweet/sour spare ribs and tonkatsu (deep fried pork in a breading). One of my companions chose the sashimi for one of her choices. She said it was delicious and I could see that the cut was beautiful. The meal arrived in a bento box style plate with salad and pickled cabbage. A big, refillable bowl of rice came along with it. We also had hot tea. Overall, it was an excellent meal. Everything was delicious and the service was exemplary. The staff was cheerful and attentive. The place was clean and prettily decorated. Don't miss this restaurant for Japanese food in Hilo

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank LindaV_123

Fremont, California
“Good food”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The food and service was good, prices were reasonable. Food portion was hearty. Will come back here on a future trip.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank adogmom
Hilo, Hawaii
“Great Specials/Great Place”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Every entry I've tried is great. Some of the specials are outstanding. Prices are reasonable. The service is excellent and the place is quiet and comfortable. This is an out of sight (in the Hilo Shopping Center) treasure.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Steven P
“Good Japanese food.”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

This is a good restaurant with good service and good food. I recommend them for almost anything on the menu because they do it well. There are no inspired dishes so expect good comfort food, not gourmet. Worth your while.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kahupoo
hilo
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We were taken to a table right away, ordered quickly. The sushi took longer than expected, but when we got it, it was fresh and good. Service was good. Overall a good experience.

• Visited February 2014