“Not much food for price.”

Freddy's Restaurant
Ranked #168 of 247 Restaurants in Hilo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was disappointed that there was no ice cream available, no beef stew either. Their regular plates looked more like mini versions. Gravy is very salty. Mac/potato salad was pretty good.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Several people recommended this place so I gave it a try. Lots of locals in line, mostly ordering sandwiches. You can eat in the dining room or take your food to go, which is what I did. The "Turkey on Wheat" with tomato and tons of sprouts was good but not outstanding. The price was ok but nothing comes with it. Not slaw, potato salad, zip. Had much better elsewhere however perhaps the other sandwiches are better.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Waiters we had was just a nice helpful n patient as we tried to figure out what we wanted to eat! It's. Comfortable astmosphere feel like home type! Our first time here and we enjoyed ourself
Staff very helpful!!
The store side of Freddy's is nice too!! Very quick and efficient!!

1  Thank Sunflrbutrfly
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Gotta try their Pastrami Sandwich..... That's their signature dish! Pretty reasonable price! Good lunch and dinner menu!

1  Thank Lydia S
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I've never seen so many items available at a restaurant! We've eaten there several time and got many various things. All have been pretty good. I got prime rib one time that I felt was too costly for the steak I received, as it was very thin and small in size. Our Grandson likes the fried shrimp really well, and we've enjoyed their breakfasts. It is quiet in atmosphere. Clean, and are one of the few restaurants in Hilo that have a restroom on site!