“Fun place to Eat”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Sydney, Australia
“Fun place to Eat”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Looking for something late at night after visiting the Volcano. Most places seemed to close early. Very busy, which made service a bit slow. However everyone was aware of that & kept apologising. Food was tasty & delivered with a smile.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Clarksville, Indiana
“Disappointing! ”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I won't waste my time next time in Hilo. The place had high ratings so we stopped. The waitress was rude, the portions fair, the food was good! I was more than a little disappointed at the price and service when after having to flag the waitress down to get a refill I found out, Beware!! They charge for refills! They have a great location on the main turn so they will trap many people but never me again.

West Yorkshire
“Friendly staff and efficient service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had coconut pancakes and bacon, with POG and plenty of coffee and it set me up a day's travel. The staff were really friendly and despite being busy, service was efficient. It's very clean and relaxed. The menu is extensive. The bill for three of us (with ample portions) came to $38.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Susie M
Rushford, Minnesota
“24 hour local diner with great food and service”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We arrived in Hilo late so stopped there for a late dinner. The menu had numerous items including Hawaiian foods at inexpensive prices. We had breakfast foods which were very good. Coffee was good. The service was quick, servers were very friendly and everything was very clean. Anyone ordering a certain meal resulted in a gong being sounded and all staff saying the name of the meal. Pictures on the wall of famous people who had been to the diner. Definitely not a fancy place but perfect for the laid back diner atmosphere.

Germany
“Nothing special, but the food was good”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Ken's is one of those places that seems like it's always been there--down to the benches and décor inside. The place was moderately busy when we had breakfast about 11:00 am on a Friday. We were served promptly and I chose the Chef's Special omelette (with mushroom gravy, which was a little different) with pancakes while my wife had the eggs, hash browns and pancakes. I'm fairly certain the omelette was made from imitation eggs, but I can't be certain. It was fine but nothing special, and the mushroom gravy was kind of overpowering. I did enjoy the typical passion-orange-guava juice, a novelty for us Alaskans. And the pancakes were quite good, thus the name, I suppose. The prices were reasonable and the place was clean. It reminded me of a Denny's or IHOP, but with more run-down character and uniqueness.