“Triple Stew,, no Tripe Stew!”

Ken's House of Pancakes
Ranked #9 of 250 Restaurants in Hilo
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Fantastic lunch at Ken's following a great Zipline experience close by. Had the Hawaiin plate, that I thought said Triple Stew as one of the entrees. Worked my way through the pork, fantastic! When I go to the stew, I kept wondering what the three meats were. Great flavor, then realized that I had misread the board, Tripe Stew! Still fantastic and would order it again. Bought the shirt, and no matter what other island I visited, people would stop and ask me when I was at Ken's.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ken's is a favorite, especially for breakfast. Had the crabcakes benedict and pancakes with tropical syrups (coconut, lilikoi, and guava). Just love it and always go to Ken's when I am in Hilo!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We Stopped here one morning for breakfast and was very pleased with the food. The one complaint I have was the pancakes. They were very dry and had no flavor. I would think if a restaurants name is Ken's house of Pancakes then the pancakes should be a homerun. Everything else we ordered was just fine.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Did not get to Ken’s this trip but miss it for its good food, family atmosphere, and willingness to always please the customer. It’s open 24 hours, which is great in a town like Hilo that shuts down so early. They also serve a great breakfast and are noted for their pancakes.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

A huge variety of local food, from breakfast to dinner. Very convenient, close to the hotel and open 24 hours. Service was good and fast. Portions were huge.