“Great little diner”

Ranked #10 of 246 Restaurants in Hilo
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on a whim and I'm so glad we did! The menu is huge and anyone will be able to find something they like. I couldn't decode between the chili and rice and the spaghetti. I ended up going with the spaghetti and meat sauce when I saw that Sunday is all you can eat spaghetti. It wasn't Sunday when we visited, but with that special, I figured it must be good! It hit the spot and the portions are huge. For two meals, a soft drink (not free refills), two side salads, a side of fries and an appetizer the total before tip was $47. Not bad for all that we got. Service was quick am friendly.

There are newer reviews for Ken's House of Pancakes

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Open 24 hours and serving breakfast all day, you need to stop at least once here. Huge menu and good prices. The pancakes are delicious. I also had the Moco Loco with their hash and it was excellent. Something for everyone here with good coffee.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We came here to see whether Ken lives up to the hype and it surely did!
I ordered a plate of grilled mahi mahi that came with a side of fries and a bowl of chicken long rice. The fish was perfectly grilled with a cajun seasoning and the fries were made of real potatoes. The bowl of chicken long rice was not disappointing also. It's simply ONO.
DH ordered a bowl of keiki wonton mee. Although we still prefer the Malaysian style wonton mee, the wonton noodle wasn't bad at all. It came with char siu pork and homemade wonton.
We highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stopped here for lunch, but I ended up getting breakfast. My omelet was delicious, and my husband's seafood plate was good too. It's a no-nonsense diner, with quick service, decent food, and good prices. After 3pm, there's a senior discount. The place was busy with locals and tourists alike.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Coffee shop atmosphere with experienced, friendly wait staff. I have never had a bad meal here. Not fancy, just good old home cooking.